586,005 active members*
4,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > program shutting down.Vista premium

program shutting down.Vista premium

i have a HP g60 with windows vista premium and just uploaded bobcad v.23 into my laptop. while going through the drawing process the system shuts down. i've been on the bobcad website and have made the changes they recomended. everything went ok till i got to the 3d programing example. the system gives me this bobcad is shutting down alarm. i've checked and re-checked the settings but it did it again today. is there another setting i could try? also, is there a way i could use the post processors from my v21 post processor cd?

I am running Bobcad with Vista 64 bit and when I go to 3d it does slow down a lot. I run my power plan on high performance which helps some and when you start a new drawing use the save as and save it with a name and every now and then just cick the save icon and you will not loose much when it does that. There are some things you can do in Vista to help its overall performance. I did a search on the internet for speeding up Vista and found some good stuff.
    I have been told that laptops suffer when it comes to any type of demanding software, and that it would run much better on a full tower system.

Tommy

Tommy

I run BobCAD in Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit with 2Gigs of RAM. It sounds like both of you are having trouble with the rendering in the Workspace. Do you know what graphics adapter you are using and have you recently updated the driver?

Regards

I have 4Gigs of ram and I am running ATi Radeon graphics card.

Tommy

haven't checked the graphics card but how do you go about upgrading it?