584,802 active members*
4,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HS1 pallet change speed

Is there a parameter that can be adjusted to control the speed of the pallet change? We have three machines and two of them change slow and smooth and one seems to be way to fast and really hits fairly hard when stopping.

Re: HS1 pallet change speed

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming you've solved this issue but I thought I would contribute in hopes of helping others. I've spent FAR too many hours working on our two
    HS-1RP's. On the cylinder responsible for pushing and pulling the rack carriage back and forth you will find two exhaust valves. One valve for CW rotation and one for CCW rotation. If someone has replaced the mufflers that screw into the "out" side of these valves, they probably didn't notice that there are orifice fittings screwed into the each valve, just ahead of the muffler. If these fittings are removed,too much air is allowed to escape from one side of the cylinder as opposing side of the cylinder is filled. These orifices act as a way to dampen the speed that the cylinder can travel by restricting the amount of air that can escape while the opposing side is filled. Also, another thing that effects rotation speed is the amount of air pressure at the control valve unit. More pressure may give you quicker lift on the pallets, but it also forces the nylon washer inside the lift piston to bind, causing slower rotation. So increasing the psi CAN slow your rotation down. I've done it on our two. It seems to be a bit more successful on one machine than the other but it definately helps. Well, I hope this helps!