584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PTC Pro/Manufacture > Laptop for ProE Wildfire 4

Laptop for ProE Wildfire 4

Can anyone recommend a laptop for Proe Wildfire 4 that will have Manufacturing and assembly modules installed? I am hoping for a laptop around $900.00 but if I have to spend more I would like to know now.

Thank You

Laptop for Pro

Pro will work well with any laptop for gaming. Try getting a laptop that has a 1 gig video card, and min 3 gig system ram. If you prefer a 64 bit system I would consider one with 8 gig + system ram. And of course a fast Quad core cpu. Hope this helps.

Chris

I use a macbook pro (On the PC side) and it runs flawlessly.
    ~Steve

@HAMMER66, shouldn't the laptop not handle OpenGL through hardware?
    most gaming stuff is Direct X related and Direct X is not industrial stuff.

hi,
    My team manager used a dell precision 6400 laptop (for both assembly and manufacturing) and it works great. But I about the prices you'd have to take a look to Dell website. It also give's you advices about the material that works.

I've successfully used Toshiba laptops. The one I run WF2 on is something like 5 years old and runs P4 2.4GHz with 1GB of RAM, but I don't do large assemblies. It cost me $600 used four years ago, so I'm sure you can find something quite nice in your price range.

RVT is correct in the fact that you require OpenGL support, not DirectX support.

cheap laptops are a fallacy

consumer laptops have dropped in price but if you want some level of quality you have to spend money for a business machine. look at lenovo thinkpads. the w500 should work well. They aren't cheap, but they last and they are built much better. I went to best buy for a laptop for my friend and was horrified by how cheaply made they all were. Once a few of my friends used mine (a t500) they all replaced their cheapo units with more rugged business laptops. The other added benefit, is that they come in adult colors (pink is not an option) , and don't have all that unnecesary crap on them.

+1 Lenovo Thinkpads, I'm getting a W701 (not DS,I wish)

wow not a laptop for travel

ouch, I hope you're not moving around with that thing. Those are huge. 15" is my upper limit. I have to move mine around. Oh and I forgot to mention if you want a worthy upgrade replace the HD with a corsair p128 solid state unit. I did and I'm very happy. Improved battery, speed, and noise.

no, it is a desktop replacement, I will be at a desk where ever I go (i hope). Yes they are huge.

I have wild fire 4 on my laptop with the pro/manufacture module on it as well.
    I just need to learn how to use that module. I am new to CNC