584,842 active members*
4,259 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Where to buy solar panels

First off I would like to distance myself from the whole global warming topic name. Actually they changed the name to 'climate change' now, because they were wrong the first time.

What are the most economical solar panels, where can they be found?

the prices they have online seem way, way over the top. I'm thinking about 4k startup, and eventually want to supply 4 KW of power to my garage.

Thanks for any input.

From what I've seen on the net, a 4 KW will cost over $20K

Example:
    http://www.beyondbuildingenergy.com/packages-4.php
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

hi

what is your specification on solar panel?

Software solution

SunElec in Florida (or AZ)

Check out www.sunelec.com for their prices. I have seen their smaller panels for $1.89 per watt (thats the cheapest you will find anywhere) they are not thin film either but crystaline.

If you want to grid tie the setup, (selling back to the utility) you will have to go with the UL rated panels, but the SUN panels are exactly the same without the rating and half the price. I personally got 5 of their Sun-205 panels for just over $2k, but had I known prices would plumet i would have held on a little longer.

They have warehouses in Florida and now Arizona.

I was considering these options until I realized we don't get much sun up in Canada here so not sure solar is worth it yet. Thanks for the links though.

The object is just to put a dent into the energy bill, the eventual goal being to heat the shop during the winter mostly from alternative energy, whether solar or wind.

If you are interested in making your own power, maybe you should check out www.otherpower.com. Solar isn't for everyone, but maybe a wind generator better suits your needs. To get any usable power I would suggest a 10 footer or bigger, depending on the area that you live in. They do require more maintenance and space but can be beautifull creations. The guys at otherpower will explain turbine blades, making your own permanent magnet generator and getting that into something usable. Give it a look, hours of my life has been wasted there already.

hi

Solar panels are being installed in many places by people and these panels are available at many places in even at Hyderabad.Various sizes too are available.

software developer

Solar panels are not only for electricity. Me and some friends have made solar panels for heating. Dirt cheap and super reliable. Works like a charm to heat up the garage, the basement or anywhere you want some cheap extra heat. I live up north where the sun isn't strong, and they give extra heat as early as march.

The heated air is circulated by a bunch of PC cooling fans driven by a small 12 V solar panel. The whole system doesn't cost more than €150 to make, and then a small temp relay is included.

In the summer time the heat is enough to heat up water to more than I-will-burn-your-skin-of-levels, We are thinking of making a box with a cooler matrix inside and then heat the water with it by switching the air from basement heating to the box. Or at least preheat it as much as possible to save energy.

Sorry for the Swedish, but here are som drawings. I hope you get the idea.
    http://24volt.eu/solfangare.php
    http://24volt.eu/solfangare2.php
    http://www.kommun-energirad.vilhelmina.com/luftsol.pdf

EDIT: Here are people using a heat realy and 230 V fans with really great results, I forgot to link to this one: http://franses.walo.se/luftsol He's running temp sensors in three places in the panel and a bunch around in the house. It's nice to see that it's working that well.

Ok, not for electricity. But you may save some...

I think the best bet would be to talk to your local solar panel installer. Installing a panel yourself takes quite a bit of research at the very least just to make sure that get the electrical system set up correctly. If you don't want someone to do it for you, you can call them to get a quote and ask if you can buy panels through them. If not, they might know a good store in your area or a good website you can buy panels.

I live in the British Columbia Interior. We are quickly getting into our dark season. But even on our coldest days, if the sun is out there is a lot of energy we can capture. With a little ingenuity, a solar furnace is a cost effective option to supplement out heating needs. The key to any heating solution in our homes or shops is the envelope we are trying to keep warm. Insulation and air infiltration are key. Make sure the envelope is properly insulated. Minimize the amount of air that leaks into your space. Once those are taken care of, it doesn't take much to keep the space warm.

thanks for the input. Heat is the primary concern as heating the garage in -40c is very expensive even with hydronic in floor heat. Open to all options.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrajagiri1 View Post

Software solution
    if you can tell me how efficient a solar panel will be in Manitoba (winnipeg) in regards to our position relative to the sun I will consider purchasing enough solar panels to power 4500 watts.

which purpose do you want it like commercial or personal home ?

bespoke software development company

Re: Where to buy solar panels

https://hirinfotech.com/
    https://hirinfotechpvtltd.com

Re: Where to buy solar panels

There are so many solar panel companies you found on Google but main question is solar panel pricing which the company offers low-cost solar panels.