585,567 active members*
3,531 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Precix 9100 4'x8' cnc router (anomaly?)

Precix 9100 4'x8' cnc router (anomaly?)

Hello! and thanks for viewing

so i have a precix 9100 cnc router made for sign makers i believe. regardless this machine has been a nightmare from the get go. got it used (bad idea) only saved a few thousand which i have now spent in hours fixing!!! long story short i have overcome all the BS had the controller rebuilt in canada and i think it came back in worse condition HA! however it has been running like a dream for the last few months.

this week i introduced a program to the controller which i will add as a standard gcode notepad form. and for some reason at line 6445 of the code the spindle speed drops from 20,000 rpm to 7,000. i have gone back in and added S20000 F2.5 before and after to have the controller kick it back up. i tried this, no success, the contoller is set on spindle speed override to STAY at 20,000 i also ran it with auto and Mcode control and nothing works.... there is no M or G code anywhere near this line that would support such actions.

i am at a loss to say the least. precix is not helpful at all. i am unable to logically troubleshoot any further. concidering i have changed the post order of the processes and even removed portions. run seperately works fine, all together every time right about the 6,445 line of code the controller overrides its own override feature for spindle speed. the issues is not major i just dont like using a stopwatch to run back to the machine and change it back to 20,000 to avoid chatter marks. irritating mostly.

any help/advice would be invaluable to keep my ocd at bay. this thing is driving me nuts! thanks again for your intrest and time!

Sincerely,
    Garrett

Attached Files Attached Files

What year and which controller do you have in that Precix? I have a controller and extra new boards for mine. I've spent thousands chasing a Y axis problem only to discover that the main program in the QNX software had an error in one line of setup code. I have since dismantled my machine, kept the electronics and the tabletop. My machine started to freak out after I machined a 1" cast aluninum vacuum top for it.

Hello and Thanks for the post!

i should have included that info originally! it would appear that our machine was made june 8, 2006 serial no. 637 and i am running the version 1.1 beta build 1426. and the only info i can find is QNX momentics development suite 6.3.2. and on startup precix NCOS 2008 pops in. other than that all i can say is we got the controller back supposedly rebuilt in june from precix in canada. and when it came back it had more strange messages popping up than before. and for that y axis problem you had i have been running into very similar problems. and the issue with the whole thing is its during a program very similar to the attached. the program has lived on the machine for weeks and been ran about 25 times in a row. and twice for no reason i am aware of, in one of the handles on my part the cutter starts going off in a wild tangent in a shape similar to a parabola. then once it reaches what looks like the apex of this parabola a y axis following error pops up and the machine locks up. and the second time it hit the apex it pulled out and went to the next step and finished the rest of the program flawlessly. so how these problems arise while negating almost all human contact.... i have no idea!

so needless to say i am really wishing i had a newer model with a tool changer and no issues!!! ha but who wouldnt right? o also the system clock tweaked out on me and the license expired and i went through all this BS had to replace the mobo battery on the mother board. and then for some reason i had to set the clock to the year 2020 to get the controller to function... this thing is a pile but i have managed to keep it making money for now. its been such a learning experience and i am sure i have a few grey hairs to show for it!

but on a side note how did your machine handle the 1'' Aluminum? we are getting ready to start playing around with some aluminum and brass! if you dont mind divulging a little info about your cutter size, speed, feed, it would save me a few calculations!

Dust is a demon that can make the controller go wacky
    I learned my lesson and blow it out once a month< I had been running for a year before anything unexplainable popped up

Re: Precix 9100 4'x8' cnc router (anomaly?)

I know this is 13th s since anyone has commented. But I have a precix cnc for my business. And seen you mentioned about the lic has expired. Mine just popped up today with this and can’t do anything. Curious on how you found out about changing the date in the system. I’ve tried back dating it to 2020 and still having this issue.