585,974 active members*
4,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > MC-5VA ...???Need good idea!!!

Question MC-5VA ...???Need good idea!!!

Wep!!! i have this Alarm since i buy this Machine...When i press stop or M5 this NICE machine shut down whit this Alarm 109 SPINDLE DRIVE UNIT..NICE!!!!!! I called thechnicien ..after 3 hours he toll me the try new power supply 550v(transfo)..but still not working!!!...now the spindel wont start!!i change the tap...480 to 440 now she start again but still don`t want stop..i dont now..!!.i dont now.!!...all voltage is in the range.. R.S.T terminal.????..i have all books for this Machine....
    thank....for your Help!!!

english is my second language....

Scotty, give me that power!

I've seen this before on machines and the main reason was inadequate power supplied to the machine. The voltage checked OK and the machine powered up fine, but the spindle start/stop would cause an alarm. It turned out that the cable to the machine was undersized and too long which caused a large voltage drop when the machine demanded large current draws.

However if the cable and supply are strong, you maybe have a drive unit issue. Check your drive unit for specific alarm codes and look in your drive unit manuals for the suggested fix based on the code.:idea:

MC5

What spindle drive/control is it. VAC-A or DC, or Fanuc?

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    I've seen this before on machines and the main reason was inadequate power supplied to the machine. The voltage checked OK and the machine powered up fine, but the spindle start/stop would cause an alarm. It turned out that the cable to the machine was undersized and too long which caused a large voltage drop when the machine demanded large current draws.

However if the cable and supply are strong, you maybe have a drive unit issue. Check your drive unit for specific alarm codes and look in your drive unit manuals for the suggested fix based on the code.:idea:

Thank you!!i will check my cable, is in alluminium , it`s maby the problem?
    thank again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    What spindle drive/control is it. VAC-A or DC, or Fanuc?

the control is VAC-A...Her!!!

MC5VA

Then yes, it could be an impedance problem. Too much resistance through the power cable/transformer will not let the drive regenerate through the line. Okuma's were sensitive to this up to the new "book" style drive units. All the VAC type drives did this.