512,740 active members
2,154 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Digital Machinist > 2010 Digital Machinist CNC Workshop

2010 Digital Machinist CNC Workshop

We are making progress in pulling together what will be the First Annual Digital Machinist CNC Workshop. The location and dates have been decided on at this time. I’ll post more details about the event when they are finalized.

The location and dates are:

Washtenaw Community College
    Ann Arbor, MI

June 22 through the 25th 2010

The workshop is a continuation of the one originally hosted by Roland Friestad at his shop in Galesburg IL. With Roland’s retirement and subsequent sale of his shop, he decided to pass the responsibilities along to us, though he will still be an important part of the workshop.

We hope to make few changes to the format of the workshop. Our intention is to keep the focus on educational seminars geared to those interested in hobby and low cost CNC software, hardware, and use.

We have had a great deal of interest from those hoping to give seminars and I think we will have an interesting mix of subjects.

George

Gold Member
    Hi George! Although the cnc workshop is still a good 6 months from now, I look at it as "Only 6 months more of a wait"!
    Not trying to rush anyone, but it would be nice to keep checking on the progress. As you well know, it gets pretty cold and snowy here in michigan, and it warms me up thinking about the workshop! LOL!!!
    I would like to participate as a lecturer and demonstrator as I have done in the past. In the past I have also "talked it up" on the various group sites, so any info would be greatly appreciated and passed along to the cnc guys. A website address would be a great help in starting the ball rolling.(maybe there is one already??) Anyway, I am really looking forward to the Workshop, the NAMES show (back in Michigan) and a new one coming to the Detroit area, the Makerfaire (July31-August1) at the Henry Ford Museum!!! Should be a great summer of fun and demonstrating!!! Thanks again for keeping the cnc workshop alive! Rick aka: Rickomatic, rickomatic2006@yahoo

Hello Rick,

I hope to have some more info on the workshop either this week or next. We do plan to have a website up and running shortly. I will also be posting information on our BBS; bbs.homeshopmachinist.net.

Thanks for the offer to speak; I’ll be in touch with you via email.

George

Workshop Update

We now have the pricing set for the Digital Machinist CNC Workshop and are also taking reservations at this time. The price for attendees is $125 (before March 1) for the four day event. Reservations can be made by calling (800) 447-7367.

More information can be found at our bulletin board. Workshop Information

George

Workshop Update

I have added a partial list of vendors and seminars to our Workshop Information thread found at Workshop Information

George