585,758 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Should I stick with CNC

Should I stick with CNC

I am at the stage where I am getting fustrated with CNC. I do enjoy it but don't really see a long time future with it.

Am I blind or not looking at something I just don't see the future to promising. I am at a young age where I can still switch careers. (24) I am just getting a little worried sticking with the CNC field.

well, when 3-axis gets boring step it up to 4!

Whats frustrating you? Im the same age you are and was running big 5 axis parts, then got laid off..

Quote Originally Posted by MBG View Post
    I am at the stage where I am getting fustrated with CNC. I do enjoy it but don't really see a long time future with it.
    if your good and have the right attitude there will always be work , layoffs and stuff happen but there's always something else around the corner , the low times is when most companies will take advantage to do some weeding which will leave room for others
    maybe you should be asking yourself if it feels right or if there is something that you would rather be doing , the years fly by quick and if this isn't what you want then you may find yourself trapped later in life
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

You are 24, do something different, travel, go back to college. I am trying to remember what I was doing when I was 24, that was almost 42 years ago in 1967. I was working in a machine shop on an afternoon shift and going to college during the day. Then I did a bunch of travelling and I did not settle down into a long term occupation until 1980.

Don't get stuck in a rut.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.