585,761 active members*
3,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unknown g code G23 error?

I am new to this whole process so please excuse my ignorance, I’m using Inventor 2010 Pro to design my parts, SheetCAM for the g code, and Mach3 for the controller software. I can design the parts fine and convert them into g code using sheetCAM but when I load the g code file into Mach 3 I keep getting a error message (unknown g code used/line 11) the code in line 11 is G23. What can I do to keep sheetCAM from posting this into my code?

Quite often, CADCAM post writers follow a series of steps to enable a machine to work effectively

Many posts are written in a generic fashion, to suit many controls, but 9 times out of 10, modifications are needed to suit your control

Try to analyse what was intended to be controlled by the G23 and then see if your control has the same function, but as a different G-code. There may be comments in the "post" that may assist

For example, Fanuc G43 on a CNC mill is tool length compensation but on an Okuma it is G56, this discrepancy shows it should be replaced not deleted, so caution is needed.

If your machine does have an alternative G-code, it should be a simple edit to substitute the code with the correct one in the "post processor" file

Quote Originally Posted by keaton64 View Post
    I am new to this whole process so please excuse my ignorance, I’m using Inventor 2010 Pro to design my parts, SheetCAM for the g code, and Mach3 for the controller software. I can design the parts fine and convert them into g code using sheetCAM but when I load the g code file into Mach 3 I keep getting a error message (unknown g code used/line 11) the code in line 11 is G23. What can I do to keep sheetCAM from posting this into my code?
    Use the MACH plasma POST in SheetCAM and you won't get g-codes Mach does not understand. If you have a floating torch holder and do the IHS (Touch-off) and want them automatic then get my MP1000-THC POST from the CandCNCSupport Yahoo Groups Forum (Files section). It has the auto touch-off and uses g-code to match MACH.

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Thanks for the replys, I changed the settings on the post processor and that done the trick.