585,660 active members*
3,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMC won't recognize home on Y axis

I have a 3 axis machine, with a bipolar Y axis. When I home all the axes, the X and Z will do the little back and forth dance. I can monitor the pins (thanks to PCW_Mesa) and see them go high and low.

The problem comes in when I try to home the Y axis. Both steppers run the guides down to 0, hit the hall effect sensors, and stop. I can see the pin (12) for Y Home go high, but EMC doesn't seem to detect it. Instead, it just keeps "moving" the virtual cutting head and showing the position in the window as -6, -8, -12, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can interrogate EMC at a lower level to see why it's not paying attention to this signal?

Hi, yes, there are a number of ways to monitor any Hal pin. Hal meter, Hal scope, and configuration all in the machine menu. Or the Status display should show that as well. I find Hal scope probably the handiest because once it's set up, it remembers what you were looking at before rebooting EMC2. I hope that's what you were asking. Otherwise are the switches all on the same pin? Are all axis homing at the same time? The configuration files look all the same?

Bill K.

You can post your configuration files here or go to linuxcnc.org and ask on IRC.
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com