585,712 active members*
4,332 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > switching x and y

switching x and y

i cant remember where to go to switch my axis, the reason been that i have selected a new wcs to work with but i like to have zxy instead of zyx in the corner that i have selected but i cant seem to remember were i saw that option in mcx (x3)
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Sounds like the new wcs you created is wrong.

I think there may be a way to adjust it but honestly I'd be more likely to create it again (correctly this time) and then just delete the bad one.

If you're having trouble getting it oriented the way you want, use the 2 line method. Create a line starting at your desired origin in the direction that you want X+ to be. Do the same for the Y+.... Then create a WCS by "geometry" selecting the 2 lines (always grab X first) and your wcs comes out perfectly oriented every time.

You'd probably really like the Dynamic WCS feature in X4. It simplifies this process a bit.

Unless you are using X4 you can't adjust your axes. Do what Matt said using the two line method. I use it all the time, and it works great!

yeah that is waht i tryed it seems to work ok but.... but with this method the z axis seems to point in different direction depending on the place you put your xy so sometime it will point down and sometime it will point up but anyway ill try to manage it this way i heard alot of good from x4 but i also so heard that it had its fare share of bug
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Quote Originally Posted by ataxy View Post
    yeah that is waht i tryed it seems to work ok but.... but with this method the z axis seems to point in different direction depending on the place you put your xy so sometime it will point down and sometime it will point up but anyway ill try to manage it this way i heard alot of good from x4 but i also so heard that it had its fare share of bug
    If you always create the lines pointing in the X+ direction and the Y+ direction your Z+ will be correct the first time every time. But if you mess up with the lines creation you can still toggle through the available choices before you accept the WCS you created.