585,729 active members*
4,862 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > The problem with the clamping tool.

The problem with the clamping tool.

I have a problem on the machine FADAL 4020. The problem occurs when changing tool. Sometimes replacing a tool normal, but sometimes appears to wait in air valve (error shown in German: "Warte auf Luftventil). Stands in a position to have to take a tool from the magazine. Preliminary tool normally suspended is placed on the second and gripped, and then get an error.

I found on the "Fadal tech support" error description:

"WAITING ON AIR VALVE:
    When this occurs, the control is waiting on a signal from one of the air valves
    indicating that the valve has completed its job; usually air pressure to the
    machine has dropped below 80 PSI. If this message persists, call the service
    department."

We who knows something more specific to say about this?

It means your air pressure to the machine has dropped below 80 psi. Put a inline regulator on the air line that goes to your machine and set it a 90 psi.

Also, you might want to check your compressor to see if it is putting out enough air pressure to the machine.
    DANGER ZONE - HARD HAT REQUIRED!!!!

Hi torque machines have Hydraulics Actuators for belts tension, one piston could be bad,
    or oil reservor is empty due to liking pistons (bimbas)

If the tool has fretted and is stuck in the spindle you will get that message after repeated attempts (and failing) to change tools.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

As someone mentioned earlier, it could be that the air pressure dropped below 80psi. It is better if it stays above 100-110psi just to be safe.

It could also be that the drawbar sensor is intermittent.
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

When I forgot to turn on the air to my machine it kind up hung in the toolchange until it had sufficient air pressure to complete the opperation. I don't remember it throwing an error code but I ran over to get air to it pretty quickly. I defiately didn't have to do anything with the control to get it to continue its opperation.

Waiting on air valve means you have had water in your lines and now you have a sticky valve. You can go to the back of the machine and feel which valve it is (should be hot). You can remove the cover and (make sure not to damage the gasket..not a big deal if you do though) and then remove the secondary cap. Then you will see a brass tube with a magnetic slug in it. Note which way the slug goes in and take it out and lube the assembly and re-assmeble. Typically waiting on air valve means you have seized one of your valves and the magnetic actuator isnt pulling the air pin back and forth and its clicking away. ...this creates heat and will give away which valve is causing the issue. Techs will try to talk you into a new air valve system but you can EASILY clean it and lube it yourself using the above procedure. We ran without an air dryer for 9 years before we had an air valve issue and since then we ahve an air valve but I personally have repaired a handfull of valves with synthetic air tool oil and some simple hand tools.

If you need more help please post up!
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

The machine is now a month working normally, but today I had the same problem reappeared. The difference being that changing tool was not even possible. I can only hand tool clamping. When I turned on the rpm (eg. 3000) with clamping tools, the entire steering froze and I had to turn off the main switch. rpm it was turned on only when the taper is empty. I suspected malfunction of the sensor to detect pushed piston plate. By using ˝DI ˝ and ˝ DS˝, I then checked the detection sensor and found that we are trapped in the tool remains ˝ 1 ˝. Finally I realized that we are trapped in the gear sensor detects the magnet in the panel even when the drawbar rises. Are trapped in the tool plate is 4 mm lower than the empty taper (is that normal?). When I sensor magnet plate taken place a little lower, the sensor also are trapped in the tool losing signal.
    Now I have a sensor and therefore slightly lower clamping function normally. I wonder if this may be due to some other problem whether this is normal right?

I hope someone understands, my English is bad ...