585,752 active members*
4,002 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > TL-1 door open alarm won't go off!

TL-1 door open alarm won't go off!

No matter what I do for whatever reason the door open alarm won't go off on our TL-1. Any ideas?

The proximity detector may have a small chip sticking to it. It is on top of the headstock near the back where the shaft for the chuck guard is. When the guard is open a small metal tab comes down in front of the detector. (I think, I may have it backwards.)
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

When its open the chuck guard gets closer to it. Still about an 1/8 inch gap from touching it. Then when you lower the chuck guard there is a notched section that makes the gap closer to 3/8 of an inch. Is that right?

I think so, is the end of the proximity detector clean? Any chips on it give the same effect as the when the guard is open.

If that is clean are you pushing the little hand button thing that you are supposed to hold all the time for the machine to run?

I wasn't pushing the hand button!!!! Ugh.....I can't believe I fought that thing for that long and forgot the button! Thats what 12hr shifts does for you!

Quote Originally Posted by donsbad89 View Post
    I wasn't pushing the hand button!!!! Ugh.....I can't believe I fought that thing for that long and forgot the button! Thats what 12hr shifts does for you!
    I agree, take some time off.