585,894 active members*
3,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad V23 Won't Open

Bobcad V23 Won't Open

I got an error saying V23 had to shut down. Now every time I try to reopen it I get the same error.

I tried putting the disk in and doing a repair, but I get a message saying I already have a newer version. I am guessing this is because I have newer builds installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zach

You might try uninstalling and going into the registry (reg edit) and deleting all traces of the program, reboot and do a fresh install. I would suggest going directly to your updates and if you haven't saved them, do so to disk. PC's reliabiltiy is their consistent unpredictability. learn to love it or go MAC. haha
    I hope this was helpful.
    bl69

You would do the repair with the patch file you last applied.

Waiting in the other forum for you to find out the module that it crashes on. This will point to the root cause and the best fix. I recently had this when my tooling database was corrupted by another app crashing while I was working in BobCad at the same time.

If you want to fix it by the uninstallation and re-installation method (doesnt take much time as long as you can loose anything like tooling and such) then you will want to delete the "C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23" folder above all else as this is where these database files will remain even after an uninstall (And arent overwritten by repairs and reinstalls and such)

FYI

Burrman,

I posted the modname that it is crashing on in the other forum. If I could I would like to avoid doing a reinstall. Last time I had to reset up my tooling, preferences, and modify the post for my machine.

Zach

Hey Zach,
    I didnt have the fix for when it's crashing on the tooling database, and only had the "uninstall" as a fix. (Doesnt mean it cant, just means I dont know) But you may call support with the information you have (common004r.dll) and the question of how/if it can be fixed. The bird could answer here, yea or nah, but you could probably get someone on the honker that would answer quicker.

Burr