585,722 active members*
4,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

rexroth extrusion

Hi all ive built my cnc and it works ok but i have some crap mdf as the table bed but boy is that got some bend in the middle say 0.035".

ive got the rexroth stuff as part of me frame but i need to bye

45x90x1000mm but the catch is i need 9 of these totaling about £250 from RS or marchent dice thats just to much money.

is there a cheap place to get this or is there somthing out there that is just as good?.

thanks all in advance.

Being in the US I am not familiar with that brand of extrusion, but I assume it is something like the 8020 stuff and it is definitely a little bit pricey.

I don't know what your router is like and what kind of room you have, but you may want to consider putting in a torsion box made with MDF. It will be a whole lot sturdier than just a cut piece of MDF and a whole lot less expensive than aluminum extrusion.

extrusions

Hi,
    the total price you have sounds about right, it is in the ballpark for europe, any will do as long as they have the bend characteristics you want, usually manufacturers have a light and a heavy version of the 45x90 extrusions.

If you're after cheap stuff, and accept a few dings that can be sorted with a sanding block your best bet is ebay.de
    lots of vendors there, even new extrusions for very good prices. If you don't know german - just use your observation skill as the web page is similar to co.uk
    and just enter "aluprofil" or " aluminium profile" in the search field, should be easy.

Florin