584,863 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machined Aluminum Part Needed

Hello everyone,

Well, I have a part that I need machined. This is something I cannot do on my little Taig CNC mill, so I am looking for someone who has a bigger machine to do this. I have attached an AutoCad file of the finished part. I only need the outside profile machined. I will supply the parts furnished with a 1.00" diameter hole through, and finished to the 1.00" thickness. The hole can be used for clamping. I can also supply the CAM file for toolpath. The thickness of the part is 1.00", and material is 6061-T6. Overall length is 2.750" and width is 1.580". I am looking to have 24 units made, with a first piece inspection prototype. Any questions please lask. Thank you for your time and attention to this post.

Regards,
    Philip Confalone
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was just looking at the drawing and was wondering why your taig wasnt up to the task? All the dimensions seems small enough for it from what I could tell.

dberndt,

The thickness is 1.00", and using a .250" endmill extending out that far induces alot of vibration. I'm looking to cut these out fairly quick, and using the Taig takes way too long. Too many passes would be required to get to the final depth.

Regards,
    Phil

Jacksonqin0305 Guest

Re: Machined Aluminum Part Needed

Hi,this is Jackson, mechanical manufacturing engineer with extensive field knowledge and work experience and my factory located in the world manufacture base center Dongguan/Shenzhen,China,
    we offer Lathe and Milling/sheet metal fab/parts stamping service, any new works,
    Just contact me,[email protected] / whatsapp+86 13532883201 skype bailong0305,thanks