585,705 active members*
3,911 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Gecko 540 & CNC4PC C6 Board

Gecko 540 & CNC4PC C6 Board

Has anyone tried to connect a Gecko 540 to a CNC4PC C6 spindle control board while using Mach3? I have the 12 volt power supply connection figured out but I'm still trying to figure out to get the signal out of the Gecko 540 and into the C6 board. I know that it takes 3 wires but I'm just not sure of the combination.
    Can anyone help me.

Quote Originally Posted by john1285 View Post
    Has anyone tried to connect a Gecko 540 to a CNC4PC C6 spindle control board while using Mach3? I have the 12 volt power supply connection figured out but I'm still trying to figure out to get the signal out of the Gecko 540 and into the C6 board. I know that it takes 3 wires but I'm just not sure of the combination.
    Can anyone help me.
    If I understand this correctly, the C6 board outputs a 0-10v for VFD control.
    The G540 already has that feature built in, so I am a little confused.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Question

The Gecko G540 VFD output is basically the same as the CNC4PC C6 VFD output minus the additional relays.

What you are attempting is redundant.

You do not need the C6 control with a G540.

What are you using for a speed controller?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Smile

TOTALLYRC,

Déjà vu, did you notice the time we both posted?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I don't have a VFD

I don't have a VFD, I am trying to hook this up to a SIEG X2 Mini Mill that has a DC Brush motor with a potentiometer but I can disconnect that after I get some sort of signal to my CNC4PC C6 Board. I have it hooked up per the instructions that came with the C6 board, but when I try to turn on the spindle I get an error on output #2.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    TOTALLYRC,

Déjà vu, did you notice the time we both posted?

Jeff...
    Very serendipitous, don't you think?

I don't have a VFD, I am trying to hook this up to a SIEG X2 Mini Mill that has a DC Brush motor with a potentiometer but I can disconnect that after I get some sort of signal to my CNC4PC C6 Board. I have it hooked up per the instructions that came with the C6 board, but when I try to turn on the spindle I get an error on output #2.
    The G540 should do the same thing as you are just trying to supply the dc motor board with a 0-10v volt signal and the G540 does that, unless I am completely mistaken, and it wouldn't be the first time.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

John,

Most likely the center connection on the potentiometer is the speed input, that wire would connect to the G540 pin number eight (8).

If you measure the voltage on the outboard potentiometer connections one side should be ground, connect G540 pin seven (7) to that wire.

The other outboard potentiometer connection should be under 12 volts d.c.,
    connect that side to G540 pin nine (9).

If the voltage is over 12 volts d.c. do not connect the G540 it will be damaged.

The potentiometer should be removed in order for this to work.

Jeff...

John,

You do not need the C6 with the G540, remove it.

Jeff...

Spindle control of X2 Mini Mill

It is now working, but I didn't figure it out, my friend Phil did and he explains very clearly how to do it here:

http://pminmo.com/g540-vfd

My X2 mini mill is now working very well with Mach3, Gecko G540 and a M3 and a Sxxxx command turns on the spindle and sets the speed. You don't need a C6 board, I returned it.

Thanks for everyones help

Jack

Re: Spindle control of X2 Mini Mill

It is now working, but I didn't figure it out, my friend Phil did and he explains very clearly how to do it here:

404: Page not found - HostGator

My X2 mini mill is now working very well with Mach3, Gecko G540 and a M3 and a Sxxxx command turns on the spindle and sets the speed. You don't need a C6 board, I returned it.

Thanks for everyones help

Jack
    Please how did you achieve this the information link does not exist anymore!!!
    Please help