585,969 active members*
4,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Moving On Up, Come Get Some Good Stuff

Moving On Up, Come Get Some Good Stuff

So, this is somewhat of a repost on my stupid machinist thread, but I felt that because of the length and breadth and poor exposure on that thread I would start a short new thread. I am building an epoxy-based gantry cnc mill with my boss at the college I attend. So to finance that and to help pay for this coming springs tuition I am getting rid of tooling and stuff that I will no longer need. Any questions please ask and if you would like photos of stuff please ask. Thank you

Here is the list:
    CNC Fusion Deluxe 3 Axis CNC for X3: $700 obo
    Gecko 203v (3): $350 obo
    CNC Brain Controller: $400 obo
    Steppers 495 (2), 650? (1): $50 each
    Tormach Tooling System (Assorted Holders): $500 (more info coming)
    Baldor 2 HP DC Motor w/tach: $100 obo
    180volt DC Controller w/tach feedback: $100 obo
    Baldor 3HP AC Motor 3PH: $100
    Emerson 2HP AC 3PH Spindle Drive (same model as Tormach Upgrade): $350

more coming....

Would you take $1000 for the ballscrew kit, Geckos and Steppers?
    Paul

3 axis DRO for the X3 (glass scales, full-features display, complete kit): $400.00
    Limit Switches (Industrial Hobbies made, 2 axis): $200.00
    Keling KL 7212 Power Supply: $100.00

Pics will be up tomorrow for everything. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by pzzamakr1980 View Post
    So, this is somewhat of a repost on my stupid machinist thread, but I felt that because of the length and breadth and poor exposure on that thread I would start a short new thread. I am building an epoxy-based gantry cnc mill with my boss at the college I attend. So to finance that and to help pay for this coming springs tuition I am getting rid of tooling and stuff that I will no longer need. Any questions please ask and if you would like photos of stuff please ask. Thank you

Here is the list:
    CNC Fusion Deluxe 3 Axis CNC for X3: $700 obo
    Gecko 203v (3): $350 obo
    CNC Brain Controller: $400 obo
    Steppers 495 (2), 650? (1): $50 each
    Tormach Tooling System (Assorted Holders): $500 (more info coming)
    Baldor 2 HP DC Motor w/tach: $100 obo
    180volt DC Controller w/tach feedback: $100 obo
    Baldor 3HP AC Motor 3PH: $100
    Emerson 2HP AC 3PH Spindle Drive (same model as Tormach Upgrade): $350

more coming....
    Where are you located because shipping is a challenge.

Here's some pics.

Also, CNC Brain: $425.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   003.jpg   006.jpg   012.jpg  

013.jpg   011.jpg   008.jpg  

Gecko's, CNC Fusion Kit, Powersupply, Steppers are sold.

I'm converting a bench top lathe to CNC. What can you tell me about these:

Limit Switches (Industrial Hobbies made, 2 axis): $200.00

Sorry about the delay. The limit switches are optical switches so they are extremely accurate. Industrial Hobbies makes them, and they are beautiful. They work perfectly.

Hey guys, I forgot to post this as well. I have the mill available. Its stripped down but all the parts to return it to a manual machine are there if someone so wishes. I also removed all the electronics so there is no motor or controller or even on switch. The spindle is still there, and I will leave the belt pulley attached if you would like. I would like 500 dollars. That would get you an X3 stripped down without motor or controller, but having all the screws and mounts available to put back on (I think all ). I will post some pictures in a bit. The machine isnt pretty but it works perfect.

Can you list what all is included with the Tormach tooling? Looks like a good deal but you have way more drill chucks that I would ever need, and I know they are expensive! Any thoughts of splitting things up?
    Thanks and good luck.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Hey Bill, I don't mind splitting stuff up. What tools would you like. Thx

Talking Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by jfseaman View Post
    Where are you located because shipping is a challenge.
    I might be interested in the Baldor motor - need more specs.

Also maybe the "basket case" if you are within pickup range. ( I like road trips.)

If you decide to split up the tormach tooling package....

Bill sounds like he does not need the drill chuck tts holders, I, on the other hand could use a couple more. I also might be interested in the probe or edgefinder or whatever that is if bill is not. Of course this all depends on what you want for it... thanks and peace...

Ok, Leeson motor, not Baldor. Its a metric motor mount with 1.1Kw, 1.5hp output, 3000rpm, 180volt. The controller is obviously a cycletrol that works great with it. Tach comes with motor too. I am located in Albuquerque New Mexico. The weather is nice this time of year, so its a good roadtrip destination. The edge finder is an ebay 800watt version. It works damn good and is pretty round. I used it as a tool number 1 for Mach3. I think I payed 100 for it so $75 with the holder (tormach tts) seems reasonable. Its perfect. Thx guys

Hey Mr. Pizzamaker!
    My girlfriend has been on a longterm adkins diet and at this point in time, I'd kill for a good slice of pizza and a cold beer!!! Just kidding!
    However, I have been out of town and am just now back to respond to you. Sorry for the delay.
    What I would like from your tormach tooling is some 1/4" tool holders and one each of the others if the price is not to high and also some collet holders. PM me with a price and I'll see if I can fit it in Santa's budget.
    Thanks for the response and have a good day.
    Bill

Pete, hope things are going well with you. Have you scored a VMC yet???
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Pizzamaker,

Check your PM.

ErnieD

TTC set spoken for...

I just sent over the cash for the complete TTC set.... sorry guys!! (please don't hate me)

Just posting to say that I received the TTS set from PzzaMakr1980 as promised. For anyone looking for reassurance I sent the cash up front via pyapal and received the set on time as promised. Very happy... thanks D!!

TTS drill chucks up for grabs

I've decided to sell all but 2 of the drill chucks from the TTS set. For what I am doing I just don't have a need for them and they are just going to waste here. I would like to get $200 for 5 of them. 4 are the same size and 1 is smaller than the rest. I can make another post with photos and size info if needed. Thanks!

Hey ya'll, I came up with something else that needs to get gone. I have a Emerson Commander SK 2hp VFD. This is the same model that Tormach uses on their upgraded spindle. You can check their site for specs and why you would want to buy it. I can also include a Leeson 3hp 3Ph 3450rpm motor for 100 more. I am asking 220 for the drive including shipping and then 320 for the drive and motor not including shipping for the motor. Please let me know. Thx

Also, I have an EMCO, not Enco, compact 10 lathe for sale. It has everything you need to turn stuff including the chuck, turning tools, drills, etc. It is listed via Albuquerque NM's craigslist. I am asking 1800 for everything, but would do a special deal for CNCzoner's who need it shipped. Oh yeah, its also listed in the classifieds here and in the Emco Lathe section. Thx

Damien