584,874 active members*
5,364 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Bavelloni ALPA 450/4 N

Hi, I could really use some help with this mashine.

I stopped the machine while it was changing tools and the head of machine left standing in that position. After I started again I couldn't do anything... So I switched to manual work and and move the head... tool dropped down (tool is free and OK) BUT When I wanted to start it again machine refused, and I got an error message: !!tool ejector open!! , Now when I wanted to turn back to automatic work I get an error that the tool is ejected.
    I tried to manually put the tool back, but it doesn't work. In the user manual, the solution for this problem is blank. Please help.

Smile

Hi
    The error message shows that you triggle the senors that in the left side near the spindle.One of this sensor is cheching the tool inside or not.And the other one is checking the ejector open or not.Normally,you can solve by checking the sensors.If need more help ,let me know.:rainfro:

Use MDI function to tell the controller there is no tool. The problem is you manually removed the tool. The sensor indicated there is no tool, the controller remembers the tool being in place. Once you manually removed the tool, you triggered a protective software loop.

Let us know if this solved your problem.

Problem solved.

Thank you both for replying.

The machine is working now, but it started to work on it's own the next day. I tried restarting, it didn't do anything, but when I left it turned off for a few hours, problem solved on it's own. If this problem happens again I will try your advice. Thanks again.

Talking Tool Ejector Open error message

Quote Originally Posted by stormi View Post
    Thank you both for replying.

The machine is working now, but it started to work on it's own the next day. I tried restarting, it didn't do anything, but when I left it turned off for a few hours, problem solved on it's own. If this problem happens again I will try your advice. Thanks again.
    Hey, I just had this same issue. When you manually remove the tool, check the hydraulic gauge at the top of the spindle. Watch this gauge and press the tool release button. It should move. If it does not move to zero, press the tool release button a second time. The gauge should move to zero at this point. Return to the control panel, clear the error and power the axes and you should at that point be good to go.

Hi all
    It's good place to discuss the problem on the work here.I have a another problem, now.
    I replaced the spindle belt in June.But it were out very fast on top side. Do you guys have this problem before ? How to align the spindle pulley and motor pulley ? I have some pics that shows the break belt .Pls have a check,thanks .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00981.jpg   DSC00984.jpg   DSC00986.jpg  

Wink Belt

I think is not a problem of position.
    I tink you get a short life of your belt becaues is too tight.
    laso clen the two pulley are very rusty and this is not good.

Anuyway the belt is the same of original or you buy one similar?
    The belt must matche perfectly the tooth of the two pulley otherwise get damage in short time.
    If i remenber well the belt mst be SYNCROFLEX.

Your belt also appears to be very dry. When I was working on a Bavelloni EGAR the technician once told me to put grease on the belt which I did about every 3 month. I never had to change the belt in the 3 years I have been using that machine.

http://stonecoldcnc.com
    http://stonecoldcnc.com -> Over 1600 FREE DXF templates for sink, basin and lavatory cut outs for Granite and Marble countertops

But the belt won't slip ,if the grease on it ? .
    How do you position the glass on table when you're going to edge the glass?
    I always have a bad position on glass edge .

The belt never slipped in the 3 years I was running the machine and I never had to change it.

I'm working with stone and can not answer your glass questions but perhaps you could explain what you mean by "How do you position the glass on table..." and we here may be able to help you.
    http://stonecoldcnc.com -> Over 1600 FREE DXF templates for sink, basin and lavatory cut outs for Granite and Marble countertops

Please give me some help!
    I have an Alpa 450/4N. I changed the belt of the spindle motor. It's an original belt from the bavelloni. After the changing I can't start the machine, because of the spindle motor thermal protection fault. I chacked the tight of the belt and I think it's good. I can move the spindle without any power and its rotating easily. Before the belt changing this error isn't came up.

Hi szoca

have you checked all your circuit breakers or trip switches. I'm sure changing the belt alone wouldn't have causes the trip switches to trigger, there must have been something else happened.

Hi stonecoldcnc,

Yes I checked everetyithing and everithing looks like good. Do you have any idea about the problem?

zsoca, I'm sure that changing the belt will not trigger the trip switches, there must be something else. Did you by any chance push the machine manually over the limit while you have been working on it? Try to push the machine away from all end points and see if that helps.

You didn't take the power cables of when you changed the belt or did you?

Let me know when you find the problem, I'm interested what it is.

Sorry I don't know any technician in Hungry who could help you, you may have to call Bavelloni directly.

Good luck!

Hi,
    we solved the problem. We had to change the servo drive of the spindle.

did that servo drive got damaged while you changed the drive belt?

Quote Originally Posted by zsoca View Post
    Please give me some help!
    I have an Alpa 450/4N. I changed the belt of the spindle motor. It's an original belt from the bavelloni. After the changing I can't start the machine, because of the spindle motor thermal protection fault. I chacked the tight of the belt and I think it's good. I can move the spindle without any power and its rotating easily. Before the belt changing this error isn't came up.
    How do you solve the problem with SPINDLE MOTOR THERMAL PROTECTION?
    I get the same message first thing in the morning,without working the motor.
    Is it a hardware problem or what? Can you help?
    Zorba.

Hi Zorba
    see below what zsoca answered above.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoca View Post
    Hi,
    we solved the problem. We had to change the servo drive of the spindle.

just wondering if your error just appeared in the morning or did you too change the drive belt before?

Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldcnc View Post
    Hi Zorba
    see below what zsoca answered above.

just wondering if your error just appeared in the morning or did you too change the drive belt before?
    Thanks for coming back OM.
    Yes the problem appeared in the morning trying for POM.The machine is dead since we have no control of the motor. However after many attempts to power up the spindle, it comes to life for maybe 15~30 seconds and it switches of again. If you have any idea we'd appreciate.
    Zorba.

Sorry but I don't think I can help you with your problem other than suggesting to call Bavelloni directly. They might be able to help you over then phone, at least to determine the cause. If you need any parts you will have to order them most likely from them anyway, if it is just an electrical problem you might also be able to get help locally from someone who knows electronics stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12