585,743 active members*
4,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > feeds and speeds program

feeds and speeds program

Hi all..
    There is a lot of writing about feeds and speeds for milling.
    I wrote a program in which I tried to implement most of the parameters for calculation for my own purpose. What I need is experience to adjust the tables in the program and vision what other parameters I need to implement.
    There for I invite you all to try my program for free. The only price is that you will send me your remarks to make the program more accurate and versatile as possible. (one hand washes the other, right?)
    Oh, it’s in the metrical system but if there is need for I could adapt it to use both (mm/inch).
    I hope the improved version will be a kind of “industrial standard”. It will stay freeware of course (although… if somebody wants to pay for it… he’s welcome ;-)
    It works on my WindowsXp, I haven’t tried it on other operating systems.
    How to get it? Well, just write me a mail with something like “MillCalc” in the subject..

Kind regards,
    Kees Soeters
    kees_soeters(--at--)czmcarib.an

Why not post it to the files section of the forum. Zip it up with a note explaining what it is and what you need.

I also suggest (strongly) that it be switchable between metric and imperial. Also a lot of people use HSS, Carbide or TIALN coated carbide and each of these almost double from the 1 previous.
    Anyway I am very interested in this program/project, are you going to post it or shall I email you?
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Available

There is a speeds and feeds portion of Mach 3 which seems hard to beat for the hobbiest. It incorporates quite a few materials, (not a zillion, which is good), and quite a few tool materials. It's easy and accurate. Since I've started to use it my machining is much better. A nice feature is that it allows the user to set one's top spindle speed and makes calculations from there.
    Many programs give an unobtainable spindle speed with no other option.

Haven't seen your program but maybe you should look at this one and see if you can improve on it

Respectfully
    Jerry