585,670 active members*
4,478 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > MDI SECUENCE TO MOVE THE AXES

MDI SECUENCE TO MOVE THE AXES

hello fadal experts i am new to fadal but have a few years in cnc milling machine i was wandering if someone can help with the secuence to imput one line comands like xy movements with G1 to cut jaws and simple fixtures, and if posible, how to make the display x, y, and z, =0 so i can have reference when i am machining fixtures with jog handle sort of like fanuc and its relative coordinates can be made with origin and preset, and if you know tricks and short cuts that would be great, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge. one more thing can you stop a running program and jump to farther block skipping a bunch of blocks and resume the program from the current block like fanuc allows you?thanks alot you guys.

Piece of cake... Jog tool to jaw in z and touch jaw with spinning end mill- press manual and find page with "7-zero axis". Press 7 and then z. Press manual to get back to main menu and then go back into jog, you will see that z is zero.

Do same for x and y.

then go into 3-MDI, start your spindle and get down to your first cut position. I like cutting in G91 mode so that every programmed move(ie. G1X4. will move 4" in x+ direction).

You can even stack command lines, in other words when you cut in currebt line, you can program next line and next ones while the machine cuts previous lines.

Remember after cutting your jaws and exiting MDI, find main menu page with 4-HOME AXIS and return for power off(4 and 2) to get rid of the Axis zeros you did, otherwise after a tool change the machine will drive Z right through your new jaws!!!!!!!!!! Because that is your new machine Z0...

.....Or....
    In Format 1

Set your fixture offset to an E value, like E1 for example, set your tool length offsets using the utilities, then go into MDI mode.

An input example:

T4 M6
    S2000 M3
    G0 G90 X0 Y0 E1
    G0 Z2. H4

...these moves will put tool #4 2" above 0,0 at 2000rpm. Hit the Jog button and you'll go into jog mode, but the display will be in absolute mode showing where you are relative to E1, that is, the display will show

X0
    Y0
    Z2.

As long as you stay in Jog mode, the display will be relative.