586,011 active members*
3,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Arrow 1000 Coolant Question

Cincinnati Arrow 1000 Coolant Question

Hi. Sorry that my first post is a question, but I have a job that needs to be done by tomorrow and need help.

My Cincinnati Arrow VMC 1000 (Siemens A2100 control) seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to the coolant. The pump will start and stop intermittently, sometimes taking more than two minutes to restart. It is getting quite scary and was wondering if it was a problem with my coolant pump or some parameters in the control settings. Hope you can help. Thanks.

There is a contactor in the electrical cabinet of the machine that runs the coolant pump. Have someone turn on the coolant, and see if the contactor is coming on immediately or not. It will be easy to see, you will hear a clicking noise and if they cycle the coolant on and off you should see the center of the contactor move in and out. I believe it is labeled M8, but not sure.

If the contactor is being engaged immediately then the problem will be with your pump. If the contactor is taking time to engage then the contactor may be at fault. If the latter is happening you will have to test and see if power is immediately going to the contactor when the coolant is engaged.

Good luck

If the pump motor is running an only getting intermitent flow ,Check the screen in the tank and coolant level.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrmachine View Post
    Hi. Sorry that my first post is a question, but I have a job that needs to be done by tomorrow and need help.

My Cincinnati Arrow VMC 1000 (Siemens A2100 control) seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to the coolant. The pump will start and stop intermittently, sometimes taking more than two minutes to restart. It is getting quite scary and was wondering if it was a problem with my coolant pump or some parameters in the control settings. Hope you can help. Thanks.
    Here sandeep,
    I would like to reply you as i already have gone thro this problem & that time i just cleaned the pump suction part & problem gets solved. One more thing, u should observe that the contactor of coolant pump in the machine panel works properly or not. Thats all & hope u should get solution.