585,977 active members*
4,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > What servo drives use resolver inputs?

What servo drives use resolver inputs?

I am using a Digitax drive (Control Techniques) and it accepts only the resolver type signals.

I have 2 motors that I want to use that both have resolvers.. These 1.3KW motors came with the drives.

I want to look for replacement drives for these motors but not sure what manufacturers use the resolvers like Control Tech. does.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

If you want new drives I am betting everyone is going to suggest you remove the resolvers and get encoders from US digital or somewhere. I don't think any of the new drives are really made for resolvers anymore. I am still a newbie and stuck with my own problems at the moment so I could always be wrong though I just know some people thought my motors had resolvers and that is what they suggested to me. I was lucky though and ended up having encoders.

I am thinking your right... I wish I had known this before I purchased these drives and motors.. (but I got them cheap so oh well).

What drive and servo manufacturer do you recommend? Al the Man tells me he likes the Mitsubishi (sp?) drives but I dont see any used ones around.

This is no toy servo that I need... I require 1.3 - 1.5 KW of power @ 480volts.. (I dont like the 220v systems because the wires get to big)

Thanks,
    Murphy

I believe Baldor makes a drive rated at up to 27amps that takes +-analog or step & dir. has encoder, resolver or hall feedback They are the FlexiDriveII version.
    If you have resolvers for commutation (AC motor) then you generally cannot remove them and fit encoders, you would have to add the encoder to the shaft.
    The motion cards like Galil etc, will output 2 sinusoidal signals to a more economical drive as made by A-M-C and Copley etc, but this requires 2 axis channels per phyisical axis. so for 2 axis you would need a 4 axis card.
    Resolvers were fitted to early DC motors like Fanuc etc because they are noise prone free, but usually are geared up to increase the otherwise low resolution.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.