585,763 active members*
4,463 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Phoenix Gleason 500HC CNC Hypoid cutting Machine No. 899401 with GE Fanuc Series 150M

Phoenix Gleason 500HC CNC Hypoid cutting Machine No. 899401 with GE Fanuc Series 150M

Good Evening to All,

I have got Hard copy of PMC parmeters and also soft copy in a floppy.

Please let me know on how to load PMC Counter, Data etc as per Hard copy because there are certain counters which r appearing in hard copy but not appearing in screen.

I am finding extremely difficult in loading data table.

I have got NUMCOM software and through that when i am trying to Send ASCII file of PMC parameter file then i can find all the parmeters scrolling on PC and before that as per the procedure i could get Executing and then IO wait on Machine screen but when upload completed from PC, after Switching OFF and ON the machine, i find none of the PMC parameters got loaded actually but nwither on PC nor on Machine screen i could get any error.

Before this i could load all NC parameters as well as Fanuc Option parameters (9000 series) Manually by using IPL menu and by using hard copy of NC parameters.

Now Machine is getting ready and all axes except axis A getting referenced, A rotates and stops when reference proximity senses but agains continues rotating in the same direction and continues.

I feel that as PMC parameters could not be loaded may be due to that A is not getting referenced

Pl help me on how to load PMC parmeters especially Counters, and Data Table either manually or thro NUMCOM software

Pl confirm if following cable details r ok for NUMCOM software

PC side - D9F machine side
    20 Pin Male

-2 (SD)---------------------------------------------- -3 (RD)
    -3 (RD)---------------------------------------------- -2 (SD)
    -5 (SG)----------------------------------------------- -7 (SG)
    -4 (RTS)-------------------------------------------- -5 (CS)
    -6 (CTS)-------------------------------------------- -4 (RS)
    -7 (DSR)--------------------------------------------- -8 (CD)
    -8 (DTR)----------------------------------------------- -6 (DR)
    -1 (FG)------------------------------------------------ -1 (FG)
    -20 (ER

SHORT 4-6, 7-8) (SHORT 4-5, 6-8-20)

Best Regards,

Pl reply to [email protected]

M. Rishikesh

INPUTTING PC PARAMETERS FROM COMPUTER. Prepare your computer to input the PC Parameter File to your control.
    You must set PWE (parameter write enable)
    get the SETTINGS(SERVICE) SCREEN.
    Call up Parameter 8000.
    Change bit 0 (PWE) to one, which will enable the parameters to be changed.
    On the control, press the "NC/PC" key. Press the right arrow key. Press the "EDIT" soft key. Press the right arrow key again. Press the "PASWRD" soft key. Press the "ENAON" soft key.Press the right arrow key once. Press the "PCPRM" soft key. Press the Right soft key Press the "MODE" soft key
    Select the data transfer rate to be the same as in parameter 5112. Press the "KEEPRL" soft key.
    On the MDI keypad in the lower left corner, press the double left arrow key TWICE to get you to KeepRelay #18. This is address K17. Make sure you are on the right line.
    Set K17 bit 7 to a one ( Enter 10000000 and press "INPUT" on the MDI keypad). This permits entry of PC Parameters.
    Press the right arrow key. Press the "LEFT ARROW" soft key. Press the "RIGHT ARROW" soft key. Press the "SYSPRM" soft key.
    Choose "PG Channel" on the screen. Change the zero to one ( by pressing "1" and "INPUT" on the MDI keypad ).
    Press the "LEFT ARROW" soft key. Press the "I/O" soft key. Press the "FDCAS" soft key. Press the "INPUT" soft key. Press the "EXEC" soft key.
    YOU ARE NOW READY TO INPUT THE PC PARAMETER FILE FROM COMPUTER..

Dear Sirs,

Thanks a lot for your reply

Actually we connected one more 3 wired cable 25 pin male with 25 pin Female) and then communciation was through

Now all axes getting referenced but only in case of A axis, during referencing, A axis stops after sensing reference proximity but again it continues rotating again in the same direction that means reference is not getting completed

A axis has got EGB (Electronic Gear Box )

Pl advice

Regards,

M. Rishikesh