585,919 active members*
4,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Any one have or run a Supermax Rebel 1?

Any one have or run a Supermax Rebel 1?

If you have a Rebel 1 machine or run one i'd like to ask a few questions.

Thanks

Dennis
    Dennis

I have one, it has the Fanuc 0-MC control. maybe I can help.

Mine has a Meldas control. When your tool carousel moves under the spindle for a tool change does it stop pretty hard with a bang sound or does it stop nice and smooth? When it returns away from the spindle it stops nice and quiet but when moving toward the spindle not such a smooth stop.
    Dennis

Hi Dennis,
    I don't have a Max1, I have a Leadwell with the same problem. Is your carousel air actuated?
    Mine is, There is a hydraulic shock absorber at the end of each end of the carousel rod. 1 of mine is dead, I bet you have the same problem.

The other possibility is, If it's pneumatic the flow regulator could be turned up too much.

It's great when the tools fly out of the carousel isn't it?

Hope that helps,
    Eric

Mine is quiet both directions. Mine is motor driven, not air. I would try to adjust the switch at the end of travel, see if this helps, if not put it back where it was. Mine has started to chatter when the carousel is under the spindle, only does it now and then and for a second or two, can't get to it fast enough to figure out what it is. I'm thinking my switch is going bad and the carousel keeps driving forward.

Hi guys,
    I'm considering purchasing a 94 supermax rebel 1 but only have a 97" ceiling height. I can remove the ceiling about the spindle for clearance so that won't be a problem. I can remove the door and have 94" to get in thru the door. Do you guys know how low you can get the supermax? Looks like if you take the motor off you can gain some. Says it needs 104" when running I'm hoping you can configure it much lower. If anyone has one can you take a measurement for me.
    Thanks

Mine is 92" as is sitting on it's feet, with the leveling feet turned all the way up you might be able to get something under there yet and still be able to move it.
    That's to the top of the Z axis covers, the head can be lowered to below that. Removing those covers would only get you another 1/2" as the next thing to hit would be the rollers for the z axis balance chains.

HTH.

Re: Any one have or run a Supermax Rebel 1?

Hey guys, new here and first post but I also have a rebel 1.. I am having a problem with with my low gear, sometimes it seems as though it's not shifting all the way into gear and rattles terribly.. It still runs fine with no problems but something is going bad I fear, it is intermittent and only does it a percentage of the times it goes into low gear but it seems like its getting worse.. Any ideas what this might be before I tear into this thing?

Thanks
    Justin