585,712 active members*
4,097 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > Cnc Masters or Any chinese mill spindle bearing upgrades

Cnc Masters or Any chinese mill spindle bearing upgrades

Does any know how to remove the spindle bearing in a chinese mill? I recently purchased a mill that was supposedly new, however it had sat on a loading dock for a while and was claimed as lost freight.
    When i started it up the spindle bearing were noisy, i callednc Masters to see how they suggested to lubricate these spindle bearings.
    They told me to remove the id plate on the front and filli this area with 50weight oil, however what happens is the oil runs out into everything, because the machine was poorly designed without any thought to spindle bearing lubrication, and there is no seal to hold the oil from leaking out onto everyhting within a short period of time. You would have thought that they would have installed a bearing that was sealed and prelubed, or an oil seal below the bearing to hold the lubricant there where it's needed.

I'm curious if anyone has modified this part of one of these mills with a better bearing system, or if someone would help out and tell me what is entailed in removing the spindle so i may inspect these bearings and maybe come up with an idea of my own.

I'm sure if i can get the spindle out, i can fit a different bearing or have a seal made.

Please help. I do have a nsk air spindle that i may elect to use, however, I do see some uses for this spindle also.

I also have a cheap chinese/taiwanese mill. Like your's, when you lube the spindle, the oil runs out onto the table. My owner's manual (another real joke) basically states that you have to give the spindle oil cup a squirt everytime you use the mill. It's really no big deal to do this but just seems like a crappy way to build a machine.