585,991 active members*
5,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Bending, Forging, Extrusion... > Cincinnati brake press hurco autobend 7

Cincinnati brake press hurco autobend 7

Hi everyone, we just bought an used Cincinnati 135 Ton brake press with an Hurco Autobend 7 backgauge control, they told me it was working fine before shipping to me and I notice the cable from the control box to the actual screen was damaged during shipping. Since its a 40 pin ribbon cable, I went to my local electronics store and have them made me a 10 foot replacement with computer ribbon cable, but it doesn't works, the screen doesn't comes on, I just hear a very mild sound coming from the screen PCB which is the normal sound of a CRT, but nothing comes on the screen.

Some of the buttons on the control make an alarm sound when you press them, but I have not accomplished any movement from the servos at all.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

CI machine

Did you ever fix this machine? If not; Does the machine have a crt or flat touch screen panel?

Hi, we haven't been able to turn the screen on yet, this machine we don't use and that's why is no pryority to fix it, It has a CRT monitor.

Replace the Control Head cable. They are about 15' long and coil up the excess inside the service cabinet. Hurco's will have an audible alarm if a cable is cut. Also in Axis Configuration screen, you can turn beeper on or off. I suggest ON.
    You can do a poor mans troubleshoot by unplugging the cable from the top of the Main Board inside service cabinet on left wall. At this point, turn Hurco on at rocker switch and measure voltages at test points on bottom of main Board. If the voltages are there, then there probably is no board damage.
    A new cable might cure everything because most shipping damage occurs when power is turned off. Call me 828-302-9712 when you want to start this press up and I will walk you through most anything. I have installed about 250 of these units through the years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ab7harness.jpg  

thank you

I no longer have this machine, it was sold before we had the time to fix it, Its someone else's problem now, I guess they got a good bargain, thanks a lot anyway...