584,814 active members*
5,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Syil CNC X4 PLUS

Hi im completely new to this whole process. im in 4th year at university studying mechanical engineering. the department has just purchased a Syil CNC X4 PLUS milling machine and it would be very helpful piece of equimpment to use for my degree project as it would allow me to create prototypes without using the workshop. we use solidworks then EdgeCam to create the parts but have no post processor for this machine. i had a look at EdgeCam code wizard but i have never used anything like this before and i am out of my depth. if some one has a post processor for this machine i would very much appreciate this, or any help at all would be great!!!

look forward to hearing from some experts!

cheers

Hey There GWG Welcome To The CNC Zone/Syil Forums!
    I have made a Post Processor for my C6 Lathe and one for an old used X3 Mill...The one for the Lathe works Flawlessly...but the Mill....well I need to change some I's/J's G02's & their values..As for your New X4...I think if you would get Mach3 set up with the X4 profile and ready to run....Then do a Wizard Program..say simple O.D. Profile with corners having say .250 radius and save the code as ...Test.txt...and send it to EdgeCam, I am sure they would create a Post Processor for you. Hope this helps...also I am thinking that if you,Check the EdgeCam forum,there might be someone there with an X4 that can help too....Anyway Welcome Aboard!

thank you very much, ill have a look into this. ive now realised im using a mach 3 controller so have a much greater understanding of what im needing to do!!

cheers