584,826 active members*
5,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Fanuc 18i Alarm 410 Error

Fanuc 18i Alarm 410 Error

Hi, first post on here.

Experiencing Alarm 410 Servo Alarm: X Axis - Excess Error on our FTV 850 Cincinnati. Manual says:

"The position deviation value when the n-nth axis (axis 1-8) moves is larger than the set value. Refer to procedure of trouble shooting."

That's not much help. Still waiting for Fanuc to call me back but I don't know where to start really. Could it be bad scales? Ballscrew?

Hi.

Can you tunt the ballscrew bay hand?

Position error

Most likely scales have a dirty spot or your cables have gone bad. I can't remember the fixed table vertical layout too well, seems the motor and cable are stationary. If thats the case, cable wear may not be the issue. Check waycovers/guards for binding and give us the alarm code on the drive unit please.

This was the response I got from Fanuc on the problem:

Alarm 410 indicates that the axis was out of position when it was supposed to be stopped. The error limit when stopped is in parameter 1829.

This fault could be caused by an accelleration time constant being too short, or by something pushing the axis out of position.

Try probing at a lower feedrate. If this makes the fault go away, then your axis may not be able to stop fast enough at the higher rate.

GE Fanuc CNC Technical Support

I have not yet made any changes, will let you know what happens when I do.

I have not tried turning the ball screw by hand. I do not know how to do that since the brakes would be applied while I was in the machine.

Hi,

8 out of 10 tims this i´s corst bay a bad bering's or ballscrew or a broken brack ore some thing bloking the axis.
    2 out of 10 its cabel or motor there is broken

howe dos the alarm apir? hven powering op ore muving the axis?

HI, I have a Puma 250M lathe with Fanuc 18T and get a 2028 alarm spindle rotation condition is not ready?? Any ideas? Thanks Jim 714 6121480

Post Re: Fanuc 18i Alarm 410 Error

Fanuc controller 410 Z Axis error alarm when rotate axis anybody know solution.
    It si a problem of Z axis brake Or Ball screw

Re: Fanuc 18i Alarm 410 Error

It may be problem of Brake

Re: Fanuc 18i Alarm 410 Error

I agree with nitinmangle; this machine had voltage monitor relays in series with the brake circuit. This is documented in the Control Diagrams 9120xxxxy stamped on the serial plate.
    Check that the Z-Brake circuit is functioning properly first and that the Z-Motor fan is clean and running; blowing up. If it is; then most likely there is a mechanical bind in the ballscrew nut, thrust bearings or linear ways.