I have read many posts on the cnc zone and this is a great source of information. Unfortunately, some old links don't work and technology changes, so I hoping members will help share their knowledge on building a cnc mill. Specifically, I am trying to source a milling spindle and tool changer.

I am looking at building a cnc milling and tapping machine. I have a great deal of experience with the XYZ motion, but I have never tried to source an economical spindle or tool changer.

Application:
drilling, tapping, and milling sheet metal. Up to 12 ga thick crs and 16 ga sst. milling will be done with a 1/4" end mill.

I have researched rigid tapping with Mach 3, and it appears that it is not possible. I see that the posts that I have been reading are old, so information on whether it is possible will be helpful. How about EMC?

I need to drill and tap multiple size holes in the same part, so I am looking at using a tool changer since it wouldn't be an option for an operator to change tooling in this application.

If anyone has information on economically priced spindle motors, any leads would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ron Chacich