585,712 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

chamfer into radius

how do i program a .25 radius off of a 30degree chamfer without G41 or G42? it blends to a 90 up the face of the part. when i graph it on the control the radius looks odd. i'm not using any cam software, programming it manually. thanks.

Is this a haas control? if it is you'll probabley have to do the math,I dont think the auto radius/chamfer will work unless its a 90 deg corner. try using the trig calculator, I don't think haas has blue print programing were you can use angles,radius and comma's with the X/Z moves, to bad..it works nice when you have a angle into a radius. you'll still have to program for the tool radius if you dont use cutter comp.

Yeah its a haas. I actually called a machine shop down the road for help and they used gibbs cam to program it for me but i would still like to know how to figure this out with a calculator thanks for your help

I would try the trig calulator on the haas control,this will give you the points but I dont think it will give comp. numbers for the tool radius, I might be wrong? if you dont know how to use it ,look in the programing book or call haas. heres a link for the old school way of doing it. good luck.

http://www.rose-training.com/tandp/aug04.htm

Quote Originally Posted by positiverake View Post
    I would try the trig calulator on the haas control,this will give you the points but I dont think it will give comp. numbers for the tool radius, I might be wrong? if you dont know how to use it ,look in the programing book or call haas. heres a link for the old school way of doing it. good luck.

http://www.rose-training.com/tandp/aug04.htm
    This is the way I used to program arcs and angles on my Cincinnati. On the Haas I use G41/G42 if I'm feeling lazy.

Thanks for the link, my notes are getting torn and tattered.