585,676 active members*
4,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > 2216 FX Run spindle with door open???

Cool 2216 FX Run spindle with door open???

Hey Gang,

About a month ago we installed a keep relay for a remote m-code indexer and also had to upgrade the software in the machine.....Well everything works fine except for the fact I can't get the spindle to run with the door open! This is really annoying when trying to use an edgefinder during a setup!
    Is this the way the new machines come now? Do I need to buy a six pack of cheap Enco edgefinders?

Should be a parameter you can turn off. Or trick it with a piece of metal at the sensor. (disclaimer: at your own risk).:banana:
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scadvice View Post
    Should be a parameter you can turn off. Or trick it with a piece of metal at the sensor. (disclaimer: at your own risk).:banana:
    Steve
    A prameter would be good, just which one? I'm not interested in bypassing any saftey interlocks, I just want it to work like it did before the software update!

There is no parameter; This didn"t happened because of the softwear update, because that safety switch is plugged
    into de motherboard, Unlees it was disconnected before, and whoever did the upgrade, plugged back.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by denmar View Post
    There is no parameter; This didn"t happened because of the softwear update, because that safety switch is plugged
    into de motherboard, Unlees it was disconnected before, and whoever did the upgrade, plugged back.
    !
    Thanks for that info! I'll check it out!

Cool

Denmar, PM sent!

There is a plug on one of the boards that works the door safety. This is a factory safety. Be careful about disabling the door.

You should be able to jog the machine and run the spindle in JOG mode.

Just for a test I would change the keep relays back and see if the spindle runs with the door open. Then you know if it was the software update or the keep relay setting that caused the change.

Just an FYI, I keep the locks in place now that we have a non-family employee in the shop. To temporarily disable the door locks is easily done with a sufficiently strong magnet. You put it over the device on the right side door on our 4020s and our 5020. The "piece of metal" trick works on the Cincinnati machine in the shop but not the Fadals. Magnet only.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    You should be able to jog the machine and run the spindle in JOG mode.
    I'll give this a try Monday morning, didn't even think about JOG....I never use it....

Thanks Neal!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pressure View Post
    I'll give this a try Monday morning, didn't even think about JOG....I never use it....

Thanks Neal!
    Nope, this didn't work either! I guess I'll just live with it the way it is.........keep a lot of glass cleaner on hand!
    thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

You have to hit the shift and spindle on/off button to turn the spindle on outside of a program. Don't now if your aware of that.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by vanm View Post
    You have to hit the shift and spindle on/off button to turn the spindle on outside of a program. Don't now if your aware of that.
    I use to be able to MDI spindle speed (door closed) cycle start, open door then press spindle CW and funtion key at the same time to start the spindle with the door open....remember this is a fanuc OI control, not Fadal........