585,996 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone a member of RFQWork.com?

Anyone a member of RFQWork.com? I registered but never got a confromation email. I don't have sufficient access to post or pm anybody there so I'm askin' here. I'd like to pay the site to be able to quote the jobs but I can't seem to do that either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ed

I don't think that is a good idea there have other posts here that say not to register/join
    Mactec54

membership (?)

Registration on rfqwork.com is free. Quoting is primarily done by sending private messsages. Some jokers post their prices, do not get the job (surprisingly) and get yelled at, so private messages should be your preferred choice.

The jobs there are reasonable and the posters try to treat everybody fairly. Prices are pretty low - some posters publish the ranges.

I would try to log in with your registration, if that does not work try to register again.

benji

Hi Edster
    when you said you wanted to pay, I thought it was another site you wanted to get on,

RFQWork.com is fine I not sure the reason you can't get your registration done
    Mactec54

Here is a quote from RFQWork.com

Registering:

After registering you will need to assign yourself as a Machinist or a Customer by going into the "usercp" section and making the change under Group Memberships. ( Only when the site starts to charge a fee)

Than as a Manufacture you will be allowed to see and post to any RFQ posted by a Customer . You will be able to post and quote on as many jobs as you like.
    I go to the user cp and there is nothing about "group memberships" I also cannot post or pm anybody I get this message.

[email protected], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I think I'm still awaiting activation. I never got an email about activating the account although I get the once a week newsletter. I'm hoping someone that's a user can pm one of the moderators of rfqwork.com or something........please

Re: Anyone a member of RFQWork.com?

I was signed up sent a few quotes, none of which I got awarded. They just started charging $10/month. I sent the the guy a PM basically saying there is not near enough traffic there to justify charging money and that I would stop frequenting the site because of that. I was not rude or untactful just wanted to give the guy some feedback. He sent me a message back I got the email notification for. When I went back to the site to see his message that says "adios" the site says that I am now banned. What a joke!

Re: Anyone a member of RFQWork.com?

I thought RFQWork was free for both machinists (vendors) and customers. Is it not free for vendors??

I have used it for years when I have machining jobs I need done outside. I have found several very good shops that we continue to use today.

Have things changed?
    Andy M.

Quote Originally Posted by amasters View Post
    I thought RFQWork was free for both machinists (vendors) and customers. Is it not free for vendors??

I have used it for years when I have machining jobs I need done outside. I have found several very good shops that we continue to use today.
    Have things changed?
    It was free but as of the day of my last post above they started charging. Not a bad site for what it was but after frequenting there for over a month a quoting everything I could and not picking up any work I can't justify paying anything for their service. I figured a site like that would do well enough getting $ for running advertisements. I guess not... It really rubbed me the wrong way getting banned for not doing anything wrong.