585,981 active members*
4,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Bill...yes I was not quite sure if the chips were on the Base0 board or not. I just remember from long ago that we had to replace chips of some sort and could not remember if they were the RAM chips.

I posed the question of passwords to see if he was maybe trying to change something preexisting. Specifically having to do with memory. If loading the same data then the machine should accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Also, as I said in my post, the 15a does n ot need the password/hex procedure in order to enter options.
    Bill
    How do you enter your options in the 15 series model A without using the passwords and hexadecimal format?? I have never done it any other way .

Stevo

When you set PWE (setting parameter 8000), set ALL bits to "1". Then the control will accept the protected parameters, including the options, through the serial port. So, if you want to change an option, download the NC parameters,. change the options and send the edited file back with setting parameter 8000 all bits on. If have heard that this does not work on certain 15AE models,the ones for export.

Well Bill you learn something new every day. I did not know that. I knew you could load the options that way but did not know you could change preexisting ones that way. I have always done it through the IPL. Thanks for the info.

However to Elektron's problem if he cannot get past the IPL screen then I see no choice but to use the hex code through the IPL correct?

Stevo

Steve, I learn something new every day. Depending on why he gets stuck in IPL, it may be possible to erase selected files without losing all through #3, CLEAR. If not, clearing all with 7+9 may be the only solution.
    Bill

Fanuc 15T: Ram parity base 0

I did already a master clear and fill in al the option parameters in Hex.
    I found the option parameters on a paper from the manufacture off the machine.
    With other option paramters I can past the IPL screen.
    When I fill in the option parameters from the paper, I can end the IPL screen by 6.
    The start screen appears for a few seconds and then I get again patity error and I can't pas the IPL screen.

The card on base 0 has ram chips. I replace the card by a good one, but with the other card it is the same problem.
    What's the meaning of the option parameters? Could there something wrong?

Thans for your replay Stevo1 and memoryman.

Did you do the ALL CLEAR with 7&9? Also, check the power supply voltages. The +5V MUST be +/- 5% .
    Bill

I am still missing manuals for the 15 "A".

My control is nearly complete. eBay is a great place for Series 15 boards. They are cheaper on eBay than most of the other controls.

Parts for the Series 11 and the Series 0 are more expensive on eBay.

Greg

Hi. Mr Memoryman.
    Model: TOYODA FH50 F15M14 A002R
    I want to repair parameter #9100 but no repair. I press "-" and "." is display IPL, i press "99" input is request passwords. i press passwords is keyboard lock. i can't press passwords.

Can you help me?
    Thank you verymuch

Quote Originally Posted by KHOATRANNGOC View Post
    Hi. Mr Memoryman.
    Model: TOYODA FH50 F15M14 A002R
    I want to repair parameter #9100 but no repair. I press "-" and "." is display IPL, i press "99" input is request passwords. i press passwords is keyboard lock. i can't press passwords.

Can you help me?
    Thank you verymuch
    Hello, could i get your phone Number

Re: Fanuc 15 M - Starting problem

289 389 6117

Dear Sir.
    I sorry because bothered you.
    I got same problems so please give some instructions how to re-enter the info(fanuc 15MB).

This is my email address: [email protected].

I am very grateful with your help.

Best Regards.

as memorialista said, the problem was ram parity.

I had to reboot the system by pressing reset and delayt along with power on. followed by the 910 alarm.

I turned off the machine and turned it on again pressing reset and delayt together with power.

Now I must reload the parameters of the machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20220718_150446398.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 12