585,602 active members*
3,526 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Fanuc 15 M - Starting problem

We have a SEKI milling machine with Fanuc 15 M Control. When we power on, the monitor display shows few pages of memory checking and then hangs on with page heading F15 M14 AT12F / Ram parity (BASE0). Can anybody give cause of this problem and how to rectify this problem ? This machine maker is Seki Iron Works, Japan. Can anybody give the contact information for this company ?

It appears that your BASE0 board is defective. It is possible that the problem is of a one time nature.
    Turn the control on while pressing the 7 and 9 keys- that clears the memory. Then you will have to re enter all parameters, programs, offsets etc. You MUST have them, otherwise nothing can be done. I can help you with re entering the info.
    Bill Peiman, President
    Tulip Electronics Inc.
    2065 Conservation Road
    Campbellville,On L0P 1B0
    Canada
    P (905)854-6668
    F (905)854-6669

Thanks for your reply. We do not have machine parameters. I want to know whether PLC ladder programs for this machine also need to be entered. If it is only machine parameters, machining programs and offsets, we will manage to get these data.

the ladder is in eproms and will not be lost. The PC parameters (keeprelays,timers,counters, data tables) will be lost and have to be reentered.
    We have good used control parts for sale if needed.
    Bill

Thanks for your reply. I will check the machine and contact you again.

Quote Originally Posted by rajappa View Post
    I want to know whether PLC ladder programs for this machine also need to be entered.
    It will depend if you have a model A or B PMC. If it is model A then it will be as memoryman had stated. This data is burned into eprom chips. If it is a model B then I believe this data runs on From and the data can be lost.

Raja...I also responded to this question that you had posted in another forum if you want to take a look.

Stevo

Steve, to my knowledge the 15A series CNC never had F-rom memory; are you thinking of the 15B controls? Rajappa has a 15A.
    Bill

I recently has a sram parity error on a 16M

I ended up clearing the memory and loading a copy of SRAM form a sister machine. I could them load the parameters via rs232. After that I had to set the keeper relays and data tables by hand.

For the 15M We upgraded the memory on one. The procedures for restoring the data should be what they list in the downloadable PDF. www.memex.ca Fanuc 0-15-16-18-21 Backup Manual

As stated you WILL need the PC parameters for THAT machine (keeprelays,timers,counters, data tables)
    Check for a paper copy in the control cabinet or with your manuals. If you still can not find it, try and contact the manufacturer Seki Iron Works and ask them for a copy (they should have one)

the 15a is not the same as a 16 in that the option restroraion is diferent.

Thanks to all for giving replies to my machine problem. I am unable to locate the manufacturer SEKI Iron works. If anybody has the contact information, please give me

After pressing 7 and 9, screen has come to normal showing some machine related alarms. The NC Alarm LED in the operating panel is glowing. There is a red LED glowing in BASE0 card. I do not have the machine parameters. I want to know whether is possible to set the parameters seeing the ladder program. Presently I do not have Fanuc 15M manual. Can you give me the procedure for seeing ladder program and parameter pages ? I also want to know whether the card is defective ?

your PC parameters will not be displayed on the ladder. To display the ladder, press NC/PC key, then PCLAD soft key.For PC parameters press the PCPARAM softkey.
    No board should not have RED leds on. It looks like your base0 board is defective.
    What manuals do you have?

Check the power supplys for proper voltage would not clear the memory just yet
    I have worked on many 15a/b controls and ran into this problem twice it was the cpu power supply

what needed to be done from the begging was to First check the battery on the base 0 board then go into IPL and try to delete the program memory... usually parities sit in the program storage are of the base0..

if that didnt help, do a 7,9 on power up to clear parameters.. 15a will require passwords and option parameters put in first in hex...

reload machine with backup and run it.. if problem comes back then and only then replace the base 0... just cuz its a parity doesn't mean its bad...

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Steve, to my knowledge the 15A series CNC never had F-rom memory; are you thinking of the 15B controls? Rajappa has a 15A.
    Bill
    Bill,
    I was just not thinking clearly. I only read 15M in the thread and didn’t pay attention to Ram parity (Base0) which is only to the model A PMC. I have (2) 15MF controls but one is a modelA and the other is a modelB PMC. It was my oversight I apologize for any confusion .

Stevo

No problem, Steve. So, you are human after all?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    No problem, Steve. So, you are human after all?
    Bill
    Bill,
    LOL that was a good one. I could tell ya stories about pulling some boneheaded moves with the best of them. I always like to say that it wasn’t my first brainfart/mistake and it most defiantly won’t be my last.

Stevo

My 15M has the 9" Vertical Type Monochrome CRT/MDI A02B-0162-C041 that I got off ebay. Some day I would like to find the 9" Horizontal Monochrome type A02B-0162-C042.

If you have the B.. GFZ-62075E/04 Maintenance Manual dated May 1998 will help you with parts and general maintenance of the control. I found one on a google search.. but they come up on ebay. I have that book in PDF if you need it.

If you have the A.. I'm not sure what part number that manual is..

If I am right there are two different model PMC's.. PMC-RA1 and PMC-RB3.. but to get to the PMC screen. Press the [PMC/CNC] button on the CRT/MDI keyboard.

The 15M power supply there are 4 different ones.. A16B-1212-0xxx part numbers. Two are conventional types, the other two are CE marked. I think there is also an I/O power supply if you have an I/O module/rack.

Base0 boards are funny. I had to send one in for repair before it worked right. but then I found one on eBay I keep as a spare..

Greg

Fanuc 15T: Ram parity base 0

I have a ram parity error on base 0. I did a master clear but it still doesn’t start. When I did the clear procedure and I End IPL. The machine starts, the start screen appears. But a few seconds later I got again Ram parity error and the only thing I can do is again a master clear.

I thought that the card on base 0 (A16B-2200-0129/04B) should be defective. So I replace that card, but I have still the same error. Power supply checked by scope, OK
    When i go to Dump memory and look into the memory, I see strange data like:

FFFFAEA0
    00AE 0000 00AE
    00AE 0000 00AE
    00AE 0000 00AE
    00AE 0000 00AE

Could it possible that the data at some address is not cleared. Or is this patron normal.
    I should thing there is something wrong with an address line?
    Somebody who can help me?

* Error on screen:

F15TF A302A
    RAM PARITY ERROR
    Ram parity base 0

when I press RESET, I get this

PL

1 DUMP MEMORY
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 SETTING
    6 END IPL

* Master clear procedure:

I have all parameters backed up so that wouldn't be a problem;

I did a master clear like the procedure below:

1) Power up machine with "-" minus and "." decimal point depressed

2) Key "99" and "Input"

3) Key Password @ each "?" prompt and "input" after each is keyed

4) Key in "3" or whatever # axes in parameter 9100 @ "AXIS" prompt

5) Step through options by number and key new Hexadecimal codes and "input"

option 1=9100, option 2=9101 (option parameters gebruikt zoals op de papieren machine) ect. Just push input if no change is required

6) If "clear files" appears, hit "Y" - will erase programs etc.

7) When 1st menu appears, key "6" and "enter"

Passwords for the 15 series:

Now I ass u me that you have the passwords and you are entering the original options and this is being done in hexadecimal format correct?

Did the new board have existing RAM chips or did you have to take them from your old board. It has been a long time but IIRC you had to transfer the chips. Could it be that your RAM chips are bad?

Stevo

Steve, the base-0 board does not have ram chips but soldered in modules and therefore cannot be swapped. Also, as I said in my post, the 15a does n ot need the password/hex procedure in order to enter options.
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12