585,660 active members*
3,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Koike Hybrid D10 Plus

Floppy disks are very hard to find nowadays
    Is it possible to send and receive data between computer and plasma device (Koike Hybrid D10 Plus) through RS232C port?
    Was anybody lucky to actually do that?
    What is the correct configuration of plasma device and computer protocols?
    Which software to use?
    Which cable to use?
    Standard RS232 cable or crosslink cable?
    All previous attempts has been unsuccessful.
    Any help appreciated.

Regards.

Any luck with your Lynx?

didnt find any solutions for free. Contacted company of the controller and they offered USB device for ~325 or protocol to connect with the plasma for ~125 Canadian dollars. Will have to choose from these, as soon as there will be no more floppy disks left.

Of course there would not be a free solution. You need to purchase the software to make it communicate. The original owner of the machine woul dhave had the software supplied when they purchased the machine.
    I work for the company that makes the D10 ( Wescan) and the prices you mentioned are for the winlink program ($125) and the portable memory decvice ($325)

Does the machine have a USB port? How old is the computer and operating system? Also, how does the computer attach to your plasma table? For $325 you can nearly buy a whole new computer...

Another option is that if the computer does not have USB ports but is using windows 2000 or newer, you can buy expansion cards that have USB ports on them for very cheap, likely less than $20.

If you have USB ports...you should be able to use any old flash drive. Do NOT buy those crappy SanDisk Cruzer flash drives...or any flashdrive that uses the Cruzer brand. They install crappy software on your computer that you definitely do not need. Just buy the cheapest, simplest flash drives you can find.

You *might* even be able to use a flash drive with Windows 98...but its been so long I cannot remember for sure...and we do have a DOS machine running our drill that we use flash drives to load...so that might work too, though you'd likely need some special driver software.

They now have a RS232 to USB Adapter available online. You can plug that into the Serial port of the control and it will access a Memory stick like a serial download or floppy. It works great and I have had several customers use this device on the D6 and the D10. I hope this helps.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by PlasmaCraft View Post
    They now have a RS232 to USB Adapter available online. You can plug that into the Serial port of the control and it will access a Memory stick like a serial download or floppy. It works great and I have had several customers use this device on the D6 and the D10. I hope this helps.

Jonathan
    Jonathan

You have a rs232 to usb adaptor that emulates the the d-10/ d-6 /d-11 communications protocol?
    Or are you replaceing the floppy in the d-10 with an adaptor? That patent is owned by IBM. And they haven't used it. So I'm guessing it a chineese knock off.

D-6 never had a floppy that i recall.

I know that sony made a floppy disk adaptor that used a memory stick but the stick went into a floppy disk looking devise and that went into the drive. Very rare to find.
    Have a link?
    Marv

Here are the links to the parts my customer have used:

Femal - Female Adapter - USB

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/USB-Type-Female-Adapter/dp/B000GHXTA0]Amazon.com: USB Type A Female to Female Adapter: Electronics[/ame]

Or

For only $0.96 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB A Female to A Female Coupler Adapter | USB Adapters

USB to Serial RS232 Adapter

Serial RS232 to USB On Sale NOW! $39.00, 2 for $74.00, 5 for $175.00 - www.factorycomm.com

Oh.. you still must have dnc software and a computer hooked to it. I've used that to port a new desktop to a short haul modem but the controller end still needs a DB9 after the modem. there is no way to rewright the code in the d-10 to accept the adaptor natively.

I did hear of a floppy replacement out of china but the one person that tried it couldn't get it to work.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by aiznjemtais View Post
    Floppy disks are very hard to find nowadays
    Is it possible to send and receive data between computer and plasma device (Koike Hybrid D10 Plus) through RS232C port?
    Was anybody lucky to actually do that?
    What is the correct configuration of plasma device and computer protocols?
    Which software to use?
    Which cable to use?
    Standard RS232 cable or crosslink cable?
    All previous attempts has been unsuccessful.
    Any help appreciated.

Regards.
    Yes it is

Standard RS232 cable or crosslink cable? cross linked pins 2>3... 3>2 ... 5-5
    Which cable to use? Any finely braided at least 2sets twisted pair shielded
    DNC32 Is good and has a preset for your controller turbo link is also good and has presets,Customer Support -- Download.

Set the serial port and baud rate in the software. Tell the software where to Get / put the files. Select download from host. should work.

Ah...yep that is it....then you serially connect it to the D10/D6/D6B.

Unfortunately the company that makes the D10 is no longer in business. The went away in December and there is no longer support or parts for that product.

Have you thought about upgrading the machine to an EDGE TI? That would end all your problems. you would have USB, wireless, touchscreen, graphics, and a PC based control.

On the D10, I would serially link the control to a PC, and get the $240.00 DNC link software. It is deffinitely worth the cost of the software. That would be your lowest cost solution.

However if you do decide to upgrade your system, feel free to give me a call and we can help you out with that project.

Have a great day!

software

Here is a free software that works with the D10/D6/D6B. run a serial cable to the control and match the settings in the D10 Hybrid and you should be good to go. I hope this helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cal has reopend wescan under linatrol. Linatrol Profile Cutting and Shape Cutting Solutions - CNC, Oxy/Fuel, Plasma, Optical Tracing. He's still getting his duck in a row with long lead times but the parts will come.

The orginal poster was in Latvia. Supporting overseas now?

Marv