585,875 active members*
4,170 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?
Page 8 of 13 678910

Experiences with Jinan JCUT CNC Equipment Co.,Ltd

Hi All,

I've had a further email from the lovely Shanny and she has sent some more pics of the 6090B that I ordered, and a couple of links of it working, it's already been sent for shipping apparently having left the factory a couple of days ago, not sure if that means it's already in a container or it's gone to a warehouse to be sorted later. I know others have had problems but so far, apart from the general lack of any spec info, it's been a really pleasant experience for me, and I have hassled Shanny heaps for info. Anyway, here's the link to the videos of it working:

JCUT-6090B working on PVC 1 -

JCUT-6090B working on PVC -

I am so frikkin excited for when this unit arrives, it certainly beats my little PCB CNC hands down!

I'm very happy so far with it. Will post more info as it comes. Any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

cheers,
    Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ball screw and linear guideway.jpg   Controlling box.jpg   Power supply and PCI card cable connection.jpg  

Ian,

Your drive box looks very similar to mine. It looks as if you have the Sunfar E300 inverter, the same as me. I don't think we have the same drives though. I have 2MA860H drivers. Yours look to be something else.

The Sunfar inverter works very well. For a miniature inverter, it has many features. If your controller is digital to analog capable, the inverter can do it. If the controller allows you to set up an 'up to speed' input, the inverter allows that too. I think you'll be happy with it.

From what I can see in your picture, you seem to have the same 15 pin connection that I had. I listed the pinout for my connector elsewhere if you are interested.

My 6090A was square when I got it. I did have to mill the spoilboard, but that's normal. JCut included a tool for milling it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My 6090A Drivebox.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	135686
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Hi Butterknife,

Thanks for identifying the inverter for me, I was wondering what it was! Mine should be the 1.5KW model unless they supplied a larger model for some reason? I'm very glad to hear your 6090 is square, it has been the one thing i'm mainly worried about, if all I have to is level the spoilboard a bit that's pretty damn good in my book and I'll be stoked. I was really disapointed initially about the rotary axis not having it's own driver, but after thinking about how it could work by sharing drives, it seems a simple (and elegant?) solution to simply swap it with the X or Y axis depending on which way you face the rotary axis. I wonder if the unit will be manufactured to be exactly a 1:1 ratio in regard to the steppers/drivescrews, so it doesn't mess the confgured steps resolution or need calibration?

Those drivers you've got are rated 7.2A! Very nice. I would have liked to get something like the Gecko G540 to drive mine when it comes as i'd really like to use Mach3 and the digitizing probes with it, but it's only 3.5A rated, my steppers are 4.5A. I'll stick with NCStudio anyway and see how it goes. The Gecko's do seem to have a great reputation though for reliably running steppers at more torque, but also quieter as well, which would be great.

g29cc in another post regarding his problems was saying the top is flimsy, how do you find yours and do you have any pics from underneath you could put up by any chance?

I'm wondering about the sub-frame and what kind of dimensions they are that his table could flex? Another user was also mentioning the X-Axis flexes under load/speed on his (identical?) unit, do you find that and have you pushed it much with work? Sorry to hassle you mate, but it's so damn hard finding info/pictures/videos on these units! Which to be honest really amazes me as they seem great value, even if they aren't quite up to the level of some.

cheers,
    Ian

Hi Ian,

I think for the money spent, I could not have gotten a better machine. I wish I had gotten a rack and pinion drive system for X and Y, but otherwise, I can't complain.

Glad you got the bigger motors, you'll be glad you did too in the long run, although they're going to be pretty under powered with 3.5 amp drives, I think. We use Geckos on a Plasma machine at work, they're pretty good.

I can't say whether the rotary is 1:1 or not, I tried it to make sure it rotated before adding a drive for it, but I didn't check to see if it was 1:1 - Sorry.

I can tell you that if yours is the same as mine, it'll be geared 2:1 with a 57BYG311. It has 208 oz. in. of torque. It is belt driven. I put too cheap of a drive on it and can only get 10 steps per degree. That's ok for non critical cutting, but once I start really getting into rotary (I still haven't worked much on that) I'll probably get a better driver.

My top seems to be pretty solid. It is, however just channeled aluminum, so in a larger table, I'm sure it could get flimsy. Mine is braced at the front, in the middle with a center support beam and at the back. If it were any wider or longer I would consider adding more support beneath the table.

A friend who bought one from another company there replaced his top with MDF and drilled a series of holes for clamping, so I think the flimsy top is a thing that many of the Chinese companies might have a problem with. Personally, mine is solid. I hope yours is, but if it isn't, I think it might not be too hard to add extra support.

The machines are cast, so they are solid. Mine could have used a little more paint underneath, but otherwise it is solid. It can't flex much.

My gantry is soundly built with a bar that runs underneath the machine that connects to the drive screw. I use mine as a hobby machine which usually means pretty light use, but it has VERY little backlash on any axis. I get no flex. I work with CNC all day and I'd see any in my own machine.

Butterknife

Name:	Underneath 1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	135697

Name:	Underneath 2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	135698

Name:	Crossbar.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	135699
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Hi All,

I'm posting the latest photo's of the 6090B build that Shanny sent me this morning, unfortunately they are a bit blurry so I downsized them. Shanny will be sending more today hopefully, along with a video(s) of it in action, so i'll add any more attachments to this post later. I've also asked Shanny to try to get the pics in a clearer res. The machine apparently wil be fully tested after assembling and wiring up, to test the electronics. Not sure whether or how much the accuracy is tested at that point, would be nice to think so but I'll find out anyway.

As a note of interest, viroy has posted some good info on the NCStudio bundled with these machines, and it looks like a fairly painless Mach3'ish style software. To convert though to Mach3 he suggested the PMDX-122 I/O board seems to be way to go. Forum post is:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...tml#post946945

cheers,
    Ian

Doesn't look like they cleaned out your ball screws and rails. Well at least they look a lot cleaner, but even through blurry pictures you can see metal shavings and dirt.

Looking at the build environment I can see how the metal and dirt gets in there. It would be nice if they cleaned them out before shipping them to us.

I have to repeat with my purchase, which was a terrible investment and loss of money, that I plan on using my machine in a real business. Not a garage for fun.

After looking around more, I have to recommend that people that are purchasing these machines to try and make money, to do serious homework on what your purchasing.

Support being the number 1 thing I would probably look at, after you decide that the machine will work for you.

With that said, you will get NO support overseas like you will in country/state. I understand different countries have different moral operations and such. But from my experience anything I have bought in my country, has been backed by at the very least, decent support.

I have bought machines used that are almost 50 years old, and have had the factory warranty, at the cost of shipping only, parts that were abused, modified and damaged from the result of the abuse and modification were replaced at no cost to me. That is service.

I am glad you guys have been able to fix your machines at relatively low cost and frustration. But the I think the key is that you had to do fixes and changes to get your BRAND NEW machine to work properly for you.

I think that is insane. The machines should operate perfectly 100% out of the box.

A software glitch, ok , understandable. But hardware glitches.... not acceptable.

I have found more stripped threads in my machine, a BROKEN OFF TAP in the flimsy table. The machine is out of square. The spindles are out of tram, the gantry is loose etc.

All in all, I have scrap metal for a machine.

I have made the decision to go two ways.

One to re machine all the junk parts and build a new machine from the left good parts from this BRAND NEW machine I bought.

Or two scrap out the machine, take the loss and buy something that will have support, warranty and has a good reputation.

After looking at the 4th axis I bought for $200, I think I would just scrap it out. The stepper may be worth saving. The chuck is cheap, and the tail stock is a joke.

Maybe I am under a misunderstanding. But I would expect a machine to be within certain tolerance. I am not asking for .0001 grade. But I am asking for something that could at least machine to .003.

Hell I am only working with wood. Not metal.

I think that it may be a misconception that these machines are good for detail work. By detail I mean working off fixtures. Being repeatable.

I think these machines are strictly good for garage hobbyists who want to putz around and make signs or very loose tolerance parts. You aren't going to machine 1000 parts and have them hold .001-.003 tolerance from each other without doing MAJOR work to them.

That may have been my complete misunderstanding of the quality of these machines and hence the reason I am and EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED with my machines.

Thanks
    Todd

The Machines Here!

Hi All,

I had the JCut-6090B arrive on late Thursday.

First impression was "DAMN, it's heavy!". In fact that was the second and third impression too! I seriously underestimated the ease of moving such a large dead weight over the obstacle course that is my driveway, luckily between the courier and myself we got it just inside the garage where I could rip the crate apart. It came in a very sturdy crate that came apart quite easily once the top was off, and the plates on the bottom of each leg had 3 nails hammered through a hole in them to the bearer underneath the pallet holding the router in place during shipping. There was a lot of minor marks and a couple of small dings in some of the metalwork, but it looks fantastic! My son helped to get it off the bottom of the crate, but there's not a lot of handle grip with the gantry and all the thinner sheetmetal covers in the way. It's quite an effort for two people to move it without thumping it.

I've had quite a few people email me over the last few weeks that are hanging on the result of this purchase to decide if they get one of these machines themselves, so I'll be uploading heaps of photos, and I'll be pulling apart the covers to photo all the slides and parts, and show the build quality.

Unfortunately mine has a couple of minor problems (and one bigger problem) on delivery:

1 - The rotary axis supplied is somewhat different and much flimsier (i'm not happy about that for $350!) than the one shown in the picture, and has suffered either shipping/movement damage, (or it was dropped prior to being packed?) to the larger pulley which now wobbles on the shaft a bit. I'm hoping a new pulley should fix that and that the shaft isn't now bent? If the shaft is bent that renders the whole axis useless :-(
    2 - The y axis stepper driver appears to be dead, it won't come out of fault mode. I've gone right over all the wiring and checked the limit switches and all appears fine, the next step is to check if the settings on the drivers are different to each other and swap the Y axis driver with the X axis and see if it still won't come out of fault mode.
    3 - The dust curtains on both sides of the Z axis and half of the X axis have been badly cut and fitted, so when the axis moves the curtains bunch up and jam into the cavity. This is a major dust problem as it would allow the dust to just blow in and build up on the axis behind the curtains. Easily fixed with some more of the flexible pastic material.
    4 - The underneath of the casting is still covered with caked on sand, it seems to just brush off easily though so I think it's just poor practice to not have the guys simply spend a minute brushing it off after casting, and before assembly for neatness sake. I actually mentioned this to Shanny as I don't understand why it wouldn't cleaned off.
    5 - Limit switches, there are only three limit switches fitted, one on each axis, am I getting something wrong there, wouldn't you need 2 limit switches on each axis?

I'm waiting on a response from Shanny about these issues, i'm so disapointed I can't use it this weekend because of the stepper driver, but the machine itself looks to made with good quality parts, and apart from some cosmetic build issues is assembled very, very robustly. I'm absolutely stoked with just how sturdy it is, and it has a nice low centre of gravity. Overall once the problems have been fixed, I'll be very, very happy indeed.

I did power up the x and z axis, and the motion was very smooth, and surprisingly quiet! No jerking, scraping, grinding, or shuddering at all like i'm used to with my other machine. I did load a Mach3 file from one of my projects and garadually increased the feedrate up to 2200mm/min. Even though it was a plain 300mm x 150mm ramped cutout 16mm deep, it flew through without a problem (without the Y moving though). Judging by the movement I think I can very easily now get a 3 fold depth of cut, with a 2-3 (possibly 4) fold increase of feed rate, about 6-9 times better than my other machine! Awesome!

Another thing to note, I manually jogged the x axis, and it appears you can get a cutting width of 720mm! 120mm over the specified amount, I can't check the y axis obviously till the drivers fixed, but I'll try to calculate that this weekend.

The spindle I have to note is amazingly quiet, so quiet in fact I had to check it was on at first!

NCStudio supplied with the controller card is extremely easy to get going for basic use, but I had a couple of funny things happen that make me question how reliable it is. I'm sure it will do mroe than fine once I understand it fully, but at this stage I still really wish I had thought to have the machine built for Mach3 instead. Then I could use all the standard centering and auto zero functions. Maybe with NCStudio you can too, but the Engrish interface leaves a lot to be desired, trying to work out how to cancel an auto calibration just didn't work and I had to power the unit off and reset the computer to stop it driving down through the table. The imit switch activation with NCStudio also seems to be far more dramatic and cumbersome than I would have thought necesary, but maybe i'm getting something wrong, I've only used it around 1-2 hours so far.

So in summary:

Material quality - Looks like really good quality parts used throughout! Details, part numbers with photos will follow this weekend.

Sturdiness - Hell yeah! Solid, really solid, castings, thick, wide, and VERY well supported gantry construction, heavy rails, no noticeable flex or movement on any part, including the table. More about the table later, I have some thoughts on making it sturdier as looking at it I believe it will possibly flex minutely under load!

Build quality - Very good overall but lots of assembly shortcuts, affecting aesthetics more than anything else, apart from the dust curtains that is. Peeking inside the axis cavities the maching looks to be very, very good and clean. The sand from casting left on the underneath of the table is a bit poor though.

Packing - Very simply but well packed on the crate, all significant parts were covered in grease to stop rusting on the trip. Good to see, some units I've seen on the web have been rust covered by delivery.

Electronics - Really neat wiring for the most part, cables to through panels not insulated thuough and switch wiring hanging loose. Little bit of cleanup I'll do there but just because i'm a bit ocd'ish with things like that. The first thing I noticed was there is no EARTH connected! This will have to be dealt with but unlike the earth issues with the 6040's this one should be very straight forward to fix. No noticeable intererence to the computer/monitor from the CNC running. Limits are a problem, I think I'll come up with my own limit switch solution for each axis.

Support - I'll see how that goes with the email sent last night, the trivial stuff I really don't care about, for the really low price in my opinion you have to reasonably expect some shortcuts in assembly, but the dust curtains, the rotary axis, and especially the driver I want sorted as soon as possible.

Shipping - AARGGH!!! I (very naively it turns out) confirmed as much as possible with JCut about the shipping import fees, but this didn't reflect reality by a long shot! More to follow along with a copy of the invoices.

Software - Urrgh! I'm sure it's just me and my lack of experience with it, but using Mach3 really spoils you, easy to use and understand interface, clear layout and language, intuitive actions, kinda everything NCStudio isn't! the supplied pdf manual (which looks like a scanned copy?) goes up to page 37 of 60 odd pages, then theres an upside Russian page, and then 20 odd blank pages! I did however have no trouble getting it going within minutes of installing it for the first time and load a generic metric gcode file which it seemed happy enough with me setting a feedrate override and clicking the play button.

Rails - The rails are really good quality and while the rails/bearings possibly seem a little smaller than I would have expected, are smooooth and quiet! Very nice upgrade over the cheaper round rails options and well worth the fraction extra.

Spindle - Awesome! Really great quaity 1.5Kw supplied with great quality Sunfar E300 VFD, so damn quiet I simply can't believe it! My older 6040 was supplied with a NEW spindle that turned out to be second-hand, seems almost ALL the 6040's deceptively come with second hand parts despite the auctions stating new parts (so sorry mister buyer - he-he, we be friends!), so I thought all spindles made at times ear-piercing, grindy, screetchy noises while not under load! No noise with this sleek silver baby whatsoever, no bearing noise, no whining, nothing!Love it, Love it, Love it! And it's so shiny!

Machine information supplied - None, nothing, nada, zip! you get a copy of NCStudio v5.4, Artcam v7, and Type3 v4.2 supplied on a burnt CD, but nothing whatsover on machine settings, specs, configuration, etc, etc. Luckily the machine literally works out of the box, but it's disapointing to not be armed with info.

Regrets:

Spindle - I love the 1.5Kw spindle, but doing it again, I would probably get a 2.2kW spindle and VFD fitted, as again, I thought all spindles were somewhat noisy, and a 2.2kw would be too noisy for my environment. I'm currently using a 0.8Kw spindle to cut aluminium, so the 1.5Kw looks more than grunty enough for anything I can throw at it!

Rotary axis - very unhappy with the size and construction used for the price, only a little more buys quite a good one from elsewhere, so I wouldn't buy this one again. And especially with the damage now rendering a $350 item useless. I'll see how support goes with that anyway.

Steppers - I wish I had upgraded to a larger size, while I'm sure these are adequate, I would have liked to er on the side of caution as they look a little underpowered to my non-expert eyes.

Interface - If I had've known more about NCStudio and the required PCI card, (which I bought a spare of as I hate the whole concept of interface cards from a longetivity and reliability point of view) I would have had it converted for Mach3 use in a flash! Luckily, from looking at the very well laid out and neat wiring, I don't think it would be at all dificult to rewire for Mach3, or what I'll most likely do further down the track is replace the 3 steppers and drivers, and use gecko's and more powerful steppers. Should be a fairly straightforward changeover from what I can see.

After looking at the machine I think I have a lot of small improvement ideas that will be easily implimented but improve the quality and life of the machine, but overall, apart from the issues currently with support and mentioned above, I really couldn't be any happier with the machine. I would buy it again in a flash with the caveats mentioned above, even with the high shipping cost I think it's really exceptional value, and looks like it will exceed my performance expectations. I've paid not far off $1000 just for a good quality timber router in the past so the $4500 this ended up costing I think is great value indeed! I never expected perfection by a long shot, that comes with a much higher price tag i'm sure people must understand, so the cosmetic issues don't concern me at all, the robustness and reliability are all I care about. Shanny at JCut has always been extremely helpful and responsive, and so far, and apart from the lack of info, and sometimes wrong specs supplied, I generally couldn't be happier with my dealings with Shanny and JCut.

As I found it so hard getting any info on these when I started looking for one, I'll be doing a full photo tear-down with all details on parts listed, video of the z and x axis working at various speeds, seeing as the y axis isn't working, and posting the results and support remedy over the next few days.

cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SDC12939.jpg   SDC12932.jpg   SDC12952.jpg   SDC12954.jpg  

SDC12989.jpg   SDC12993.jpg  

from looking at the very well laid out and neat wiring

See I think that is poor wiring. No labels, most of the wires are all the same color. Basically what they had to physically run a wire from one connection to another, they just pulled a single color wire off the spool and wired everything with that color wire.

Your wiring is a lot better then mine though. Mine was shoved into the wire holders and all twisted, crunched and pushed in.

Now to me this schematic below shows different colors , but to go one step further I would label the wires.

I also notice your drivers are labeled. Mine were not labeled. I had to figure out what was what.

The 4th axis they sent me was the same as yours. Totally worthless. At least I only paid $200 for mine. So I am feel for your loss of $350. It wasn't worth $200, so its definitely a scam at $350.

apart from the lack of info, and sometimes wrong specs supplied
    See now that bothers me. If your buying something brand new, you should get the correct specs. Don't they know what they are selling or producing?

get a copy of NCStudio v5.4, Artcam v7, and Type3 v4.2 supplied on a burnt CD, but nothing whatsover on machine settings, specs, configuration

See now it bothers me that getting pirated software from a manufacturer is ok. I know we didn't pay much for these things. But at least legit software would be nice. And getting setup information would be nice also.

Now my question is, did you buy this as a daily use business machine, or just for hobbyist use?

What tolerances do you expect to be able to achieve with the machine? +/- .0005 ? Or in the range of .010 +/- ?

Run an indicator across the table when you finally get your new machine to work properly with the Y axis.

I am thrilled to see that your happy with your machine, even though at a brand new machine it isn't running properly. It seems like your content with your purchase and the bottom line is your happy with it as is.

Kudos for you and post up pictures when you finally getting it 100%. I will try and do the same and list all the modifications and fixes I had to employ to get it to that point along with the cost involved to do so.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by g29cc View Post

See I think that is poor wiring. No labels, most of the wires are all the same color. Basically what they had to physically run a wire from one connection to another, they just pulled a single color wire off the spool and wired everything with that color wire.
    Given the price paid the wiring is laid out more than clear enough for me, a simple two minutes with a meter determines the same coloured cabling.

The 4th axis they sent me was the same as yours. Totally worthless. At least I only paid $200 for mine. So I am feel for your loss of $350. It wasn't worth $200, so its definitely a scam at $350.
    I had the price wrong, I paid $300 but I would not buy it again that's for sure, especially seeing as the one I got is nothing like the one I was told I would get, and apart from the damage rendering my unit useless, it really is a badly constructed device with a lot of inaccuracy and play. I'm putting more in my blog about that as it looks like the warranty support is not quite what we are used to, even from Asian sellers. So far it looks like I have to pay an additional $150 to get a replacement, or accept a 20 pack of 1/8th cutters in exchange instead of a replacement.

See now that bothers me. If your buying something brand new, you should get the correct specs. Don't they know what they are selling or producing?
    It looks like the parts are changing according to availablity and pricing, and the lack of firm info I believe is due to a culture problem that they don't appreciate the sales ethics and expectations from westerners.

See now it bothers me that getting pirated software from a manufacturer is ok.
    Where did I say this is okay out of curiosity?

I live in the real world and in the real world the Asian market is one of the biggest reported pirate markets. What I did say was that they could supply a cd full of software I'm not interested in, but they couldn't supply any info on how to actually set the machine up!

Now my question is, did you buy this as a daily use business machine, or just for hobbyist use?
    Both, and after using it I think it will perform more that adequately for my needs. I didn't buy a bmx, paying the cost of a tricycle, and it expect it to perform like a Kawasaki. Again, cheap Asian machines, if I wanted the performance of a $20k-$40 machine, then that's what I'd need to spend. For a tenth that, I don't see ANY other supplier in the world supplying machines of this nature around.

What tolerances do you expect to be able to achieve with the machine? +/- .0005 ? Or in the range of .010 +/- ?
    I have an inverter microscope so when i have time I'll be doing some testing on the repeatable resolution, but for now, it's exceeded my expactations.

I am thrilled to see that your happy with your machine, even though at a brand new machine it isn't running properly. It seems like your content with your purchase and the bottom line is your happy with it as is.

Kudos for you and post up pictures when you finally getting it 100%. I will try and do the same and list all the modifications and fixes I had to employ to get it to that point along with the cost involved to do so.

Todd
    I am pretty happy with it, and I'm trying to give a blow by blow account on it in my blog with photos to increase the general info on these machines. The warranty support has left a bad taste for sure, and I wonder what would happen down the track during the 2 year warranty, when getting things sorted from the build right at the start are a problem. I've sent a payment to get replacement dust curtains as the ones on the machine are badly cut and fitted and bunch up into the cavity, bu it looks like when you can talk them into fixing things, you cover all the postage.

Where did I say this is okay out of curiosity?

I wasn't insinuating anything, but just saying. I guess in our part of the world you pay for something you expect the real thing, not a copy of it.

The warranty support has left a bad taste for sure, and I wonder what would happen down the track during the 2 year warranty, when getting things sorted from the build right at the start are a problem.

I've written off any support or help from them. After they couldn't give me a simple schematic, let alone build the machine without screwing it all up. I just figured if they couldn't get it right that way, how are they going to get it right the other way. If this was an American company not offering any type of support, they wouldn't be in business very long.

Todd
    Todd

Todd,

I'm getting 0.005" accuracy out of my Jinan J-Cut 1336. It's repeatable too. I only cut metal, and engrave stainless steel dataplates. The machine has completed all the sheetmetal components, and brackets of up to 1/2" alu, for 2 production aircraft. It's run just over 200 hrs, no problems so far. I only use DJTol cutters and engravers.

At first. I did have to spend a month going over the machine, "westernising" it. I tossed all the Chinese software and controllers, and stuck in a DeskCNC controller. I compile with Vectric software, I run the files with DeskCNC. I added Kent's acrylic dust boot, and added coolant. Added SSR's to switch on vacuum, coolant, air and spindle. RPM controlled from DeskCNC via PWM to VDC controller card.

I also had to change over the bellows, seems the workers on the floor are mismatching the bellow size to the guide slot size. I have 22mm slots, the machine came with 10mm bellows. They simply bunched up. I made a "stink" online, they replaced them with 16mm bellows, I made another "stink", they then replaced them with 20mm bellows. Since then, all "bellows" fine.

I rewired my console, to look "neat", a personal preference you also seem to have. I in fact got them to send me more coloured wiring. If you treat them well but firm, they respond in kind. In the end, after establishing a relationship, I'm very satisfied with the after sales service I got from Jinan J-Cut.

My only bugging issue is my X and Y axis are not exactly the same steps/mm. It's out a fraction, so I can't use circular interpolation. With that function switched off, arcs are a combo of a gazillion little straight lines, each with an accell and decell ramp. Cutting an arc is thus "noisier" than a straight line. I think this speed ramping at every line wears the guides more than they should. On final delivery of the second aircraft, I'm going to take a break, tear down the Y-axis, to try and resolve this minute travel difference. I cannot simply accept the difference, for as stated above, I run to .005 accuracy. Cannot change the X-axis, it has 2 rails and steppers, easier to change the single motor drive Y-axis. How, I don't know, I might try to reduce one of the gear or pulley radiusses, to correct the count, the Y-axis travels just over 1mm further over 1400mm than the X-axis, if using the same steps/mm setting.

BTW, also got a rotary 4-th axis, looks like the dog's breakfast, but works well. I still need to add a rotary encoder to it though. DeskCNC can read the 4th axis encoder pulses for position feedback. In addition to routering parts, I want to scallop tubes, with a plasma torch attached to the spindle head.

Regards,

Francois

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyCAD View Post
    I also had to change over the bellows, seems the workers on the floor are mismatching the bellow size to the guide slot size. I have 22mm slots, the machine came with 10mm bellows. They simply bunched up. I made a "stink" online, they replaced them with 16mm bellows, I made another "stink", they then replaced them with 20mm bellows. Since then, all "bellows" fine.

I rewired my console, to look "neat", a personal preference you also seem to have. I in fact got them to send me more coloured wiring. If you treat them well but firm, they respond in kind. In the end, after establishing a relationship, I'm very satisfied with the after sales service I got from Jinan J-Cut.

Regards,

Francois
    Hi Francois,

That's great on the resolution you're getting! I'm playing around with some small parts this weekend to see how fine I can get the routing, and I'll post the results on my blog on the JCut 6090 for others interested in these units when i'm done.

I'm just curious though did you get slugged shipping for the extra parts? I had a hell of a time trying to get the damaged rotary axis replaced, which they wouldn't do on their own, and even getting the bellows replaced in mine as they were mis-matched too, i'm paying the TNT bill. I must admit I'm a little peeved as these things should have been sorted before the machine was sent, not me try to fix them after delivery. I'm waiting on the bellows right now and hope the right ones are sent.

After dealing with them and Shanny (who has been very helpful), the indications are that the boss is pretty unhelpful and unwilling to really resolve issues, certainly to our ideas of satisfaction anyway which I don't consider unreasonable. I can only imagine the response I would get at asking for coloured cables to replace existing ones, given I can't get a proper resolution to a damaged axis without me paying an additional $150 as they wanted.

I've actually just emailed JCut again as i'm concerned now the wrong ones will be sent in the parcel coming, and they will ask for more money to send the right ones!

cheers,
    Ian

Hi all.

I bought Walter 6545 from CNCDIY.org. I did noticed they received positive feedbacks from their customer. They even posted the manual at their website. I am happy with the purchase but my hubby on the other hand is not 100% satisfied because when the package arrived, the gantry protector bent a bit. We e-mail them photos of the damaged protector but the guy said he did not see anything wrong with it.

Hubby finally fed up with the guy because we paid for a brand new machine but it came damaged (during posting) so it is a little bit unfair.

However it doesn't matter much too me so long the router functional, I am happy

So, the conclusion is dealing with CNCDIY is quite nice.

We are glad buying the machine because CNCDIY discontinued the model a month after we bought it.

Han.

Funny everyone says they replaced this and that ( when calling J-Cut ), but I always got emails that said sorry, but thank you for emailing etc.

I asked for a wire schematic, took around 10+ emails before they said they don't have one. Weird how do they wire the machine without one. Same guy has been wiring machines for them for years and just knows how to wire them, so he used the schematic as a napkin one day or something?

Customer service is definitely totally different over there as compared to over here.

That is why the machines are so cheap. You never come back, so they have to get you in the door with a cheap price to make a sale.

I hope I can can get way better then .005 resolution. I would be entirely pissed if that is the best this machine could do. I was told accuracy would be in the .0002-.0003 range. I am hoping you meant yours was .0005 and not .005. That is HUGE tolerance. That is almost like hand cutting parts with a file LOL.

My biggest problem with this whole transaction, is that I was lied to from day one about every question I asked and everything they gave as technical information.

Would I have bought the machine if they told me the truth. Nope, hence the reason they have my money and I have their pile of scrap aluminum castings here.

hanxiriel ~ That is a bummer about the gantry part. But at least your machine is running. Can you post a picture of it for us?

Thanks
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyCAD View Post
    My only bugging issue is my X and Y axis are not exactly the same steps/mm. It's out a fraction, so I can't use circular interpolation. With that function switched off, arcs are a combo of a gazillion little straight lines, each with an accell and decell ramp. Cutting an arc is thus "noisier" than a straight line. I think this speed ramping at every line wears the guides more than they should. On final delivery of the second aircraft, I'm going to take a break, tear down the Y-axis, to try and resolve this minute travel difference. I cannot simply accept the difference, for as stated above, I run to .005 accuracy. Cannot change the X-axis, it has 2 rails and steppers, easier to change the single motor drive Y-axis. How, I don't know, I might try to reduce one of the gear or pulley radiusses, to correct the count, the Y-axis travels just over 1mm further over 1400mm than the X-axis, if using the same steps/mm setting.
    You should be able to calibrate your axes in software. I know you aren't using Mach but here is a link to a video demonstrating Mach calibration. You can apply the same principles to your control software but you will have to do a bit of math yourself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkO5tc-jSxw]‪Improved Mach 3 Axis Calibration‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

bob

Funny everyone says they replaced this and that ( when calling J-Cut ), but I always got emails that said sorry, but thank you for emailing etc.

I asked for a wire schematic, took around 10+ emails before they said they don't have one. Weird how do they wire the machine without one. Same guy has been wiring machines for them for years and just knows how to wire them, so he used the schematic as a napkin one day or something?

Customer service is definitely totally different over there as compared to over here.

That is why the machines are so cheap. You never come back, so they have to get you in the door with a cheap price to make a sale.

I hope I can can get way better then .005 resolution. I would be entirely pissed if that is the best this machine could do. I was told accuracy would be in the .0002-.0003 range. I am hoping you meant yours was .0005 and not .005. That is HUGE tolerance. That is almost like hand cutting parts with a file LOL.

My biggest problem with this whole transaction, is that I was lied to from day one about every question I asked and everything they gave as technical information.

Would I have bought the machine if they told me the truth. Nope, hence the reason they have my money and I have their pile of scrap aluminum castings here.

hanxiriel ~ That is a bummer about the gantry part. But at least your machine is running. Can you post a picture of it for us?

Thanks
    Todd
    Hi.

Here is the router.

We haven't attach the spindle just yet. Still looking for a sturdy and steady table for the router. Our 2 yr old son is very interested exploring the machine so we cannot run it until we can find a better place for the router

York Laser from China

I purchased a laser from York Laser in China. I saved myself some serious dollars by doing that. There were several faults with the machine which i had to sort out myself, as York Laser had some serious customer service issues.
    I made many complaints to York laser, but to their credit they have worked extremely hard to rectify all the issues i raised. Customer service is now of a high standard with inquiries answered promptly. They have now provided me with all the parts i required, and fully compensated me for the extra costs i incurred. York Laser have even completely re-designed all their laser engravers/cutters to eliminated all of the design weaknesses i advised them of.
    The build quality has significantly improved also. The new range of Laser Engravers look fantastic and i am now intent on purchasing another unit from York Laser. This Company deserves a pat on the back for the effort they have put in to produce a good machine at a very affordable price.

Quote Originally Posted by hanxiriel View Post
    Hi.

Here is the router.

We haven't attach the spindle just yet. Still looking for a sturdy and steady table for the router. Our 2 yr old son is very interested exploring the machine so we cannot run it until we can find a better place for the router
    I bought the same machine 6545L Walter and I could only make them work with axes stepper motors and water pump with a different configuration from that suggested by the distributor in the basic setup (my configuration is X = 3, 2 Y = 7, 8 and Z = 6, 5) but I have not run the router (spindle). I'd appreciate if you send me the configuration of the spindle in Mach3 as the basic configuration does not work. thank you very much

Thanks
    Todd
    The wiring was probably done by a 9 year old with his ankle chained to the floor. He did a lovely job on my JCUT machine, by the way.

About customer service... I had experience with Chinese eBay sellers. Once I realized it was a cultural thing I was able to communicate what I wanted.
    My machine works very well, considering I'm a total noob. I *think* my machine is close to .0004in the X and Z and a little less in the Y. I say i think because I don;t have great measurement tools. Just a dial caliper.
    Anyway. My 2 cents.
    Happy cutting

Camwood excitech machine

Here is the short of my experience with a 2008 wr408

Overall fit of parts - rough they left a few bolts out , it's hard to put bolts in holes that have broken taps in them.

Wiring- no schematic asked for one from factory new was told they didn't have one
    Best wiring feature - 18 gauge wire from the power plug to the VFD 18 gauge? Seriously maybe that ruined the 2.2kw spindle that was no longer under warranty. Think of it this way your computer monitor has a heavier cord feeding it .

The dell pc and Mach 3 are pretty nice......... No issues there.

The spindle was some generic 2.2 kw unit. When it died I replaced it with a 4kw air cooled chinese unit and VFD.
    Other than a hard to understand VFD manual, the spindle was the best $700 I ever spent.

Over all operation- quirky is a good way to describe it. I have grown to like the machine because it was a good way to get CNC cabinet nesting into my shop at an affordable level. One of the recurring problems is the new spindle will let me cut 3/4 Melamine at 400 IPM, in two passes, but it tends to bring up limit switch shut down even though it is not near a limit of travel in any axis.
    When I cut at 200 IPM the issue goes away.

My overall opinion- it costs less for a reason, it will get the job done but be prepared to learn a lot about fixing it, and you don't get a repair manual for it.

I hope this helps any potential buyers , notice I didn't say don't buy one, just understand what your getting yourself into.

One funny note- while researching buying the new router I decided to get a quote on a chinese machine with the Options I wanted. $34k with a becker vacuum pump and HSD spindle . The price is too good to be true, the HSD is 11k and the pump is 5k ,if I bought them from HSD and Becker directly.
    Some how they can build the whole router for 34k.
    When at the IWF show in Vegas this year HSD had lots of stuff to say about how then Chinese had done a good job knocking off their spindles.
    To put things in perspective the comparable European router is 102k.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by comandojon View Post
    The spindle was some generic 2.2 kw unit. When it died I replaced it with a 4kw air cooled chinese unit and VFD.

One funny note- while researching buying the new router I decided to get a quote on a chinese machine with the Options I wanted. $34k with a becker vacuum pump and HSD spindle . The price is too good to be true, the HSD is 11k and the pump is 5k ,if I bought them from HSD and Becker directly.
    Sorry... 34K is not a great price for a 4x8.
    The cost of a HSD or colombo is no where near 11K (I'm a colombo dealer). A real italian 10Hp colombo is under 1/5 that price. And a chinese inverter isn't worth installing.
    Also most "HSD "spindles that come on chinese machines are illegal knockoffs of real Italian HSD's

Your comparing a 102K 'Mercedes" machine with a 'Lada'

Page 8 of 13 678910