586,019 active members*
3,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Howa ACT 2SP V5 with FANUC 18T

Okuma Howa ACT 2SP V5 with FANUC 18T

Please help...
    I just bought a 1994 Okuma Howa ACT 2SP V5 with FANUC 18T control. This is a twin spindle machine with a left/right switch on the control panel. I was trying to reference the left side but hit the limit switch (e stop) in the X axis. I can't figure out how to move off the limit switch. This is the only 18T control I have on the floor, and since it was bought at an auction, I do not have manuals for the machine.
    Can anyone tell me how to move the turret off the e stop?

Late info

Just browsing thru the posts and saw this. I am sure you have already resolved this but in case just hold in the control power on button, reset the alarm, while holding in the power on button move the axis off the limit. If my memory serves me correctly the power on button on the Howa 2SP machines acts as a interlock bypass but you must hold it in until off the limit. Hope this helps if you didn't have it.

E-Stop Issues

Thanks for the info... if I get myself into this predicament again, I'll try this. I managed to move off the e-stop by repeatedly turning the machine on and off while turning the jog handle. Your way seems easier. Thanks.