585,722 active members*
4,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal VMC 40 Questions (1992)

Fadal VMC 40 Questions (1992)

Hey Guy's ....Me again

Like I said...It's been a few yrs since running a fadal (17yrs) and I have a couple of questions

1.) Cold start position on X and Y I got...But I think the bracket for cold start position on Z must be broken or gone or I am not seeing it??? any help finding it so I can get tool change position correct.

2.) Does anyone know the wiring connection (schamatic) for the rs232 port and what type of DNC parameters is best etc.

3.) which is better to programming system to use on fadal 1 or 2 or is it just preference. I like it close to Fanuc as possible.

4.) I'm trying to remember how we use to program this fadal as far as Cold Start position and work offset........ I think we reset (setcs) to a unload part position (middle of table and y all the way forward.) Then at the beginning of the program we used a G92 X Y is so far from Cold Start Position........
    does that sound right or is there a better way to program it

5.)when your picking up X Y etc. for work offset how do you designate which offset you want to use like G54 G55 G56 or E1 E2 E3 etc.
    example: (setx,1 enter sety,1 enter) or what? cant remember

6.) I know you are probably saying "Read the frick'n Manual book lazy(nuts)) sorry guy's still waiting on the manuals and I want to get started cutting chips

Thanks guy's I really appriciate all or any of your help

TMILLS

Here you go TMILL

Free down loads of all the manuals.
    http://www.fadalcnc.com/fadal_Tech_Docs1.htm
    Steve:cheers:

Thanks Scadvice-

I will download those......Very nice!

But it would still be nice if someone could chime in on the questions needed that the book may not tell me. Like questions 1,3,4

Thanks
    TMILLS

3) Format 2 is supposed to be for maximum compatibility with Fanuc controls

I've got thoughts on some of the other questions but will have to reply later.

Quote Originally Posted by scadvice View Post
    Free down loads of all the manuals.
    http://www.fadalcnc.com/fadal_Tech_Docs1.htm
    Steve:cheers:
    WOW! Great resource man, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TMILLS View Post
    Hey Guy's ....Me again

Like I said...It's been a few yrs since running a fadal (17yrs) and I have a couple of questions

1.) Cold start position on X and Y I got...But I think the bracket for cold start position on Z must be broken or gone or I am not seeing it??? any help finding it so I can get tool change position correct.

The "Z" bracket is on the right side on the side of the "Z" ways. Jog up the head and you will see it. It lines up right at the bottom of the head.

2.) Does anyone know the wiring connection (schamatic) for the rs232 port and what type of DNC parameters is best etc.

Look in the manual for the cable wiring. I think you use 7,1,1, ( 7 bits, 1 stop bit, 1 parity bit ) but don't remember.

3.) which is better to programming system to use on fadal 1 or 2 or is it just preference. I like it close to Fanuc as possible.

I only use 1 so I can use the L9XXX subroutines ( pocket, bolt circle, engraving, on and on. )

4.) I'm trying to remember how we use to program this fadal as far as Cold Start position and work offset........ I think we reset (setcs) to a unload part position (middle of table and y all the way forward.) Then at the beginning of the program we used a G92 X Y is so far from Cold Start Position........
    does that sound right or is there a better way to program it

After you cold start, move the "Y" to +8. or +10. and sety. Now at the end of the program that is where it stops at. NEVER use setz

5.)when your picking up X Y etc. for work offset how do you designate which offset you want to use like G54 G55 G56 or E1 E2 E3 etc.
    example: (setx,1 enter sety,1 enter) or what? cant remember

Use the utility's to edge find your offsets UT

6.) I know you are probably saying "Read the frick'n Manual book lazy(nuts)) sorry guy's still waiting on the manuals and I want to get started cutting chips

Thanks guy's I really appriciate all or any of your help

TMILLS

Hope this helps.

Thanks jbexplorer

I will try it out!