585,931 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad run fine when I verify but can't run in machine
Page 1 of 2 12

Bobcad run fine when I verify but can't run in machine

So I'm new to Bobcad. I made a small program, profile 4 small pockets etc, no big deal. All looks good, verify the program part looks great.
    Try to run it on my Milltronics machine ,watched it on the graph produce 2 pockets then it stops, error 509 arc lacks intersection, looks like a break in the run. Downloaded NC plot and tried to run, that gave me a lot of errors like:
    start radius and end radius are different by more than .001"
    What is going on?
    Are there some default settings I'm missing, I went to the preferences and changed the system tolerance from .003 to .001, and the Chain selection from .025 to .001 but that didn't make any difference.
    Regards, ray.

Try setting your system tolerance to .0001

Be sure to do it in part preferences for the current file and default for the next and all subsequent files.

That didn't seem to make any difference.
    ray.

Did you re-compute the toolpath after the change?

Can you post an example file for us to look at?

This would help as opposed to guessing.

Yes I did re-compute the tool path I think, Is that the one at the top of the cam tree under milling tools, didn't seem to do much when I clicked it?
    How can I send the file, what format, picture or G code.
    Bye the way, I tried another program I made and that did the same thing.
    Then I made a program using the gear making option, I profiled a gear and that sailed through NC plot, now I didn't draw anything in that program..
    ray.

In BobCad, Have the file open that has geometry and a Cam operation like a pocket or profile, then save it. FInd that file and right click it and choose "send to-compressed zip folder. Then when replying to this thread, look for a paperclip just above the text your typing, and click that and browse to the zipped file and select, upload it here. THis attaches it for us to review. I'll also need to see the post processor your using to generate code.

This is found in this folder:

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\Posts\Mill

It will be listed in your cam tree. Find the file with the same name in that folder and do the zip and attach.

It's most likely just a code format problem for your needs, which is done by the post processor. This is configurable.

Ok, lets give a shot.
    new style cain guard.zip ok this doesn't look right.....
    I saved it, uploaded it and then when I opened the paper clip I saw my ziped program, then I clicked on it and what you see above is what happened.
    ray.

Just take your Gcode file & open it in MS Word then save as ( text ) & then you can post it here with out having to zip etc

You can also run the G code text file in your machine as well

I think your problem is with the drawing you may not have connecting lines joined/trimmed etc
    Mactec54

THats it. Now the post processor you are using to generate the code. You'll see it in the cam tree. Find that file in the directory I listed in the previous post, and do the same thing to it.

THe post processor has to post code thats right for your controller.

yet, if i don't have the lines joined it will not let me carry on to profile, had a few of those, join the lines, cleanup, and away we go.
    ray.

Your file produces good code that I can backplot ok. I think the issue is your post processor is not formatting it correctly. Need to see your post.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backplot_post_issue.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	92735

There is no post for the milltronics, but I did try another post, Generic router and it worked.
    I still don't understand, I'm still only putting out xyz, g01 g02-3 ijk.
    ray.

Also,
    WHat build are you running. BobCad-Help-About BobCad.

If your not running build 1493, you should get the latest update and run it against your current install

http://www.bobcad.com/updates

This is controlled by the post processor. Can you post the one you decide to use, and a sample of what you would "expect" it to output?

DO you have some code that "does" work on your milltronics?

I have only just started to use the milltronics, but how come i can't get it to run through the nc plot, it's not like it's an M code or G code problem.
    Ray.

A generic post from wherever may not be updated properly to work with BobCads newer engines, or NCPlot may not be setup to read whats being output. Like I said, I posted your program with my post and backplotted it without error.

On a side not, I also noticed your drill op, in the upper corner near the Y, you have selected the hole as well as the point for the feature. All the others have just the point. Is this intended?

Whats your build version.

Now I have just updated to 1493, still didn't work.
    My program verifies and produces a good part within Bobcad.
    Don't know about the hole, still only playing.
    In the generic post from bobcad there are no I's & j's only R values? it hangs up on the I or J.
    ray.

Run this file here:

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\MillEditPost.exe

On the Post tab, select the post processor you are using to generate code with. Then go to the Format tab abd select "Incremental" from the Arc Center Type field.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post_arc_type.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	92737

Wait, You WANT I's and J's, or R's? My last post will give you i's and j's. If you want R's, select Radius in that field.

Can't find that file?
    ray.

Page 1 of 2 12