584,865 active members*
4,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ladder editing

If we want to add a new rung to the existing ladder on 0i series, can it be done using MDI keys, or some ladder software would be needed for this?

It could depend on a couple of things. If the machine builder has locked the ladder or not is a big one. If they have you would need their password. If not first thing is to make sure you make a backup of the original. After that you may have to go into the PMC side, PMCPRM and then settings and turn on the bits that allow for editing and writing to F-Rom. You should stop the ladder at this point. You should then be able to go into the ladder and use the onboard editing functions. Once you make your changes, start the ladder again and test to make sure the changes you made are what you want. When you are satisfied you will need to do a "Write to F-rom" to save the changes or else you will lose them and revert back to the previous ladder when you power down. Hope this helps some.

JP

Thanks for the information.

Strangely, I did not receive e-mail alert this time.

I've always wanted to learn how to write Ladder for the 0, 11, 6 and 15 controls. I've seen it done right in front of my eyes. It looks complex.

Greg

When we make SRAM data backup on PCMCIA memory card, does it include ladder also?

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    When we make SRAM data backup on PCMCIA memory card, does it include ladder also?
    NO it will not.. ladder is never backed up on OI's via sram..

So, I guess, the ladder can be backed up on memory card through I/O soft key on PMC screen.
    When we mess up the original ladder, and want to restore the original one, what would be the procedure: READ from M-CARD, followed by WRITE to F-ROM?

So, I guess, the ladder can be backed up on memory card through I/O soft key on PMC screen.
    When we mess up the original ladder, and want to restore the original one, what would be the procedure: READ from M-CARD, followed by WRITE to F-ROM?
    well yea u can but it might take forever to do that..

go back to boot screen, select system data loading, then select the file, i forget what its called now..

list all file names you have under that screen and ill tell you which one it is..
    i always load it in this way..

I understand that the boot screen comes after executing ncboot32.exe on the PC connected to CNC.
    If no PC is connected, how can this be done?

I understand that the boot screen comes after executing ncboot32.exe on the PC connected to CNC.
    If no PC is connected, how can this be done?
    by holding the the furthest left and furthest right most keys under the screen and powering up the control..

Re: Ladder editing

hello!...do you have the binary files of the master card A16B-1010-0210/16D of the Centrum 3000 punch press...they are OE1, OE2, OC1, and OC2...the executive software version is 0130-11?