585,975 active members*
4,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > What are your other interest?
Page 1 of 3 123

What are your other interest?

Besides CNC machining what are your other interests and hobbies?

Mmmmmmotorcycles....dirt and street...fun stuff
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I play guitar in an 80s rock cover band, hand build Guitars and Tube Guitar Amplifiers as a hobby.

http://www.3dogdare.com
    Nathan

I'm a computer geek in my real life (real-time embedded systems). I teach Jujitsu in my spare time and I'm a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in my spare spare time.

Ken
    Kenneth Lerman
    55 Main Street
    Newtown, CT 06470

DIY LCD Projectors

Like many on this site - radio controlled model aircraft with a special interest in competition flying.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F
    Like many on this site - radio controlled model aircraft with a special interest in competition flying.

Mike

Me too, what do you compete in? I compete in IMAC, I have 2-35% planes .

I spend a lot of time hunting Sept - May.
    Play hockey Oct - April.
    Race my RX7 in 8 - 10 AutoCross and ProSolos May - Oct.
    Try and keep the family happy the rest of my free time.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I do a lot of work with computers, mostly hardware. I build(dangit it, this is machining, oh well) cooling components for them, like waterblocks and stuff.
    I have been wanting to start flying rc, too much money and its all going somewhere else.

Jon

Woodcarving and triatholans

Custom woodworking, designing & building products for sale.

In no particular order, my hobbies include (but are not limited to):
    Roller Skating, Electronics, Reading, Computer & Printer Repair

My primary interest is God although you would never guess it by the amount of time I spend on here. Not that this is not a good place to be, its just that I should be out in society more and trying to bring active change instead of been here as much as I am.

I am a firm believer that the evil that happens in this world can not be controlled by heavy rule enforcement. In order to change the world, you must change the hearts of man. I believe God is the answer.
    Yeh Yeh I hear the scoffers already, "Most wars are to do with religeon" I cant deny that, but I believe a true relationship with God, and not a relationship with a man made religeous belief system is the way. I hope you can see the difference I am speaking about.

My other interests are trying to start up a sucessful bussiness. I would really love to make a product that would benifit mankind in some way. I dunno, a new and sustainable energy source for example. I gave up dreaming big when I was a kid, these days since I found God, I am not afraid to start dreaming again.

Also I like doing crappy computer animations etc, as if you all didnt know that.

I am also trying to make MAME games cabinets as a paying hobby.

Gee Maybe my kids and wife should have been mentioned earlier than this, but the order is not necesarrily the priority.
    Being outside the square !!!

Hi

I have just started building a CNC Router but my previous project was a single drum glider winch. Heres a bit of a project log
    http://203.57.136.33/~frasers/Winch/

Otherwise I am a Hash House Harrier 2 nights a week which keeps me sane.

Paul

Hi All,
    I am a full time machinist working 50hr weeks in the oilfield business. With my limited time off I volunteer for a youth group, U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps. Our primary focus is to give young people 11 - 17 yrs. a "taste" of the military life and see what careers are available to them through the armed forces. It is very rewarding when you have a kid come back to you years later and thank you for making a difference in their life.

Well, Let's see....

Hunting, Fishing, Target shooting, Woodworking, Building models, R/C, Computers, Mechanical Design, DIY LCD Projector, CAD/CAM, Building a house, Inventing....

Wow, do I have anytime left to sleep???
    Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hmm my other hobbies include; Saying sorry to the wife, I subcontract work on electrostatic precipitators, fishing, hunting, motorcycles, electronics, collect all kinds of books, karate, woodworking and on occation drink beer.

If you look at my sig line you will probably know.

Like Benny my first priority is my relationship with God. If I don't have that right then nothing else matters. I am totally devoted to my family after my relationship with God.

I also love 4 part harmony singing, sing a little but listen more. I also hunt fish a little. I love woodworking and the simple beauty of fancy woods from all over the world. One thing I would like to do before I get too old...I had better hurry...I want to build a sports car from concept to finish.

Mike
    I had to edit this in...I shoot rimfire benchrest too. Hitting a .060" dot at 50 yrds/meters is a blast...pun intended!
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

One of mine is attempting to brew really good beer :cheers:
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Other hobbies: Computers, my '65 Mustang hot rod & tinkering; all dovetailing with the CNC thing. I'm a manufacturing engineer/CNC programmer, so that helps out. Converting a mini-lathe to CNC and later on will convert my new Rong Fu. Keeps me real busy for now. My girlfriend will be moving in here in June, so I'll have less time then.

Mark
    www.mcoates.com ( being redone as we speak)

Page 1 of 3 123