585,667 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge CBN Turning Machine with GE Fanuc Machine Model CS- 51, S.No. CL – 622 -BSP

Hardinge CBN Turning Machine with GE Fanuc Machine Model CS- 51, S.No. CL – 622 -BSP

Dear All,

Good Morning to u all !!!!!!!!!!!

Pl find below nature of problem related to turret indexing in subject machine

• When we do turret indexing say for 15 times then clamp is OK that means no vibration/jerk during clamping but after that we get vibration/jerk when turret clamps & so it hits the Proximity bracket for turret clamp/unclamp proximity & then reference position of turret also shifts . Now during every indexing, we get vibration/jerk when turret clamps & so it hits the Proximity bracket for turret clamp/unclamp proximity.

• When we do turret home(by putting switch at station 1 & then pressing turret index 1 & zero return together) then reference position of turret is OK again, turret indexing say for 15 times is OK that means no vibration/jerk during clamping but after that we get vibration/jerk when turret clamps & so it hits the Proximity bracket for turret clamp/unclamp proximity & then reference position of turret also shifts

• We adjusted screw C on turret hydraulic valve block to the minimum & now turret clamping is very smooth & it takes little longer to clamp but no alarm but in this setting also say after indexing turret for 20 times, suddenly that we get vibration/jerk when turret clamps & so it hits the Proximity bracket for turret clamp/unclamp proximity & then reference position of turret also shifts
    4. Inroduced M45 in program so that turret rotates in single direction to avoid effect of backlash in Gear box but with this also indexing position is not accurate

We need to make use of only two toold in this machine

Please advice on how to overcome backlash in turret gearbox

Pl reply at [email protected]

Best Regards,

M. Rishikesh

I'm not in maintenance and can't help with backlash issue. I have one question. Is the turret balanced? Our 51 has never had that problem. New guy running a Conquest 42 thought he would put all the OD tools together and all the I.D. holders in sequence around the turret. I program O.D. even, I.D. odd stations unless forced to modify the setup because of required tooling for a particular job.

Anyway...the turret wouldn't stop at the correct location for the pin to lock. I had him put the I.D. holders on every other station again, and no more indexing problem. The 51 now has 3-4 OD holders in a row (set by an operator with almost 40 years experience ), but the 51 turret is beefy enough to handle that many.

I know you said the lathe is only using 2 tools, but if all your ID holders are on one side (even if empty) while the OD tools are on the other, it can cause an indexing problem.

I balance our Daewoo 200MS lathes as best I can, but one in particular is very jerky indexing. It bounces back and forth before the pin locks. Sometimes it errors out because the pin doesn't lock. I'd be interested in knowing what causes it.