584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

8025 and infinate program with DNC?

The 8025 manual says that I can send an infinate program to my 8025T using DNC however it also says a program must be numbered with a limit of 9998 blocks, I did try to send a program without block numbers, but the control wouldn't accept it because the block numbers were missing. soooo, anyone have any Ideas?

Jerry

I have an 8025 on a vertical mill, when I did this before I used fagor's DNC software, had numbered blocks, and broke the program into logical chunks. Then essentially ran multiple programs to finish the part. The 8025 sadly isn't the most advanced control. Be sure you've got a good connection between control and computer, I had the communication drop out multiple times.

Fagor has a trade in/up promotion going on right now.
    I was sent a flyer a few weeks ago.
    Can't remember exactly but I think the upgrade was to an 8035 or an 8040. I don't believe my 8040 has a line limit.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Thanks for the reply guys, I guess I can get along with breaking th pgm's up into smaller blocks. I was just hoping against hope that I wouldn't have to.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shorter View Post
    The 8025 manual says that I can send an infinate program to my 8025T using DNC however it also says a program must be numbered with a limit of 9998 blocks, I did try to send a program without block numbers, but the control wouldn't accept it because the block numbers were missing. soooo, anyone have any Ideas?

Jerry
    No, there is a way around this.... I'll have to think about what it was. (Its been a lot of years since I did Infinite length execution..... but in the past I had run some very long programs that went over 9998 blocks..... but I don't remember how I did it) Give me a day, and I may have a solution for you.....

I also recommend you download the latest and greatest DNC software version from our Download section at www.fagorautomation.com (DNC Software is free as a download)

But, yes the 8025 is an old technology control for us that we haven't manufactured in many years, all newer controls can easily do this, in fact, they typically do not need to be drip feed considering there is ample memory with most models to run very large programs from resident memory.

We do have upgrades to our 8035 CNC which is a modern CNC, but shares the same physical size as the 8025 and can literally be a 1 day retrofit..... just talk to your Regional Salesman if interested in upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagor - Todd View Post
    No, there is a way around this.... I'll have to think about what it was. (Its been a lot of years since I did Infinite length execution..... but in the past I had run some very long programs that went over 9998 blocks..... but I don't remember how I did it) Give me a day, and I may have a solution for you.....

I also recommend you download the latest and greatest DNC software version from our Download section at www.fagorautomation.com (DNC Software is free as a download) .
    Wow, Todd that would be great if you could remember how to do it. I really appreciate your help. I downloaded WinDNC 5.1 a few months ago, I think that it is the latest version. I have it working just fine. I just purchased an new 8035T. I am now tring to learn how to program the PLC.(a bit different than ladder logic) The 8035 seems like a very powerful system. all kind of goodies. and is certainly nothing like the 8025 although the 8025 is a solid system. I was suprized that the 8035 uses a Linux O.S. Anyway I think it will a very good system.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shorter View Post
    Wow, Todd that would be great if you could remember how to do it. I really appreciate your help. I downloaded WinDNC 5.1 a few months ago, I think that it is the latest version. I have it working just fine. I just purchased an new 8035T. I am now tring to learn how to program the PLC.(a bit different than ladder logic) The 8035 seems like a very powerful system. all kind of goodies. and is certainly nothing like the 8025 although the 8025 is a solid system. I was suprized that the 8035 uses a Linux O.S. Anyway I think it will a very good system.

Jerry
    Hi Jerry,

The 8035 CNC was a purpose built CNC to replace/upgrade over the old 8025 series. Hence, the compact design the same as the 8025. It is a modern CNC based upon in part the 8055, however, the 8035 is limited as compared to the 8055..... one of which is the conversational operating system that you can have on the 8055, whereas on the 8035, it is strictly G-code. But, for what it is, its a step in the right direction over the old technology 8025's..... as a note.

On your PLC program, we have a program that emulates the basic I/O of the 8025, thus your PLC program is basically done by Fagor...... perhaps that was not loaded for you ? I do not know. Consider calling 1-800-423-2467 and talking to Service Department, they can email you the PLC program and you can then download via DNC to your 8035. I won't tell you the PLC program covers all I/O requirement situations, but its a big jump start.

We also have good working PLC examples of Turret logic.... this can be accessed here: http://www.fagor-automation.com/Tech..._CNC_8055.html

Keep in mind the 8040/8055 PLC methodlogy is the same.....

If you need any documentation downloaded, from our International Website, you can go to our download center and download manuals, brochures, etc.... a lot of people do not know that we have additional manuals beyond the Programming/Operating and installation manuals such as an error solving manual and examples manual and new features manual that can all be accessed at the below link.

http://www.fagorautomation.com/_bin/descargas.php

One other note, on 8025 infinite length execution regardless of program size, you simply start over on the block numbering once you get to 9999, go back to 1, and recount up again..... it will run no problem, however, obviously you can have any jump or loop commands in the program. (As a note, The 8035/8055 series CNC does not require block #'s unless you do have a jump or loop)

This might be sensitive to your software level considering you have a new version that is designed for later model controls..... if it doesn't work, let me know.

Hope this is kinda of helpful !

Good Luck !

Thanks for the valuable info Todd, I''ll check it out. I replied to your P.M. Let me know if you want that info.
    Jerry

Re: 8025 and infinate program with DNC?

hello.

you can run infinite in win dnc fagor 8025 . you have to program it in such a way that the line limit does not cross 9998.

i use artcam for generating my mill programs .in this go to postp folder there you will find fagor.con file.
    open it change the increment to 1. and set the limit of program to 9997.
    save this and replace the file. fagor.con
    this will generate code which will not exeed 9997. thus solving the problem you can run infinite no of lines .still using my fagor 8025 . generally my programs are small .
    as into watch dials manufacturing not more then 9998.
    but got into trouble for some work and this is the way out .

hope this will solve problem for all fagor 8025 .

LINE_NUM_START = 0
    LINE_NUM_INCREMENT = 1
    LINE_NUM_MAXIMUM = 9997