584,817 active members*
5,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

EMG message!!!

We have a 1986 Okuma/Howa Millac4va mill. Things were working properly and now the machine is dead. Powers up properly but flashes "EMG" on the bottom of the screen. No fuses are blown, it seems all the relays are working. E-Stop button works. I'm completely lost and the manuals don't really help much. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanx,ROGER

Is the machine in overtravel condition ?
    power down and wind leadscrews by hand to take off limit switches
    or use the overtravel release procedure and handwheel off the limits ( jog buttons may be ineffective )

Does this machine have a torque limiter on the axis ?

does it have an override switch for the hard limits ?
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

No overrides for the limit switches. Yes it is in overtravel on the Y axis. Could not figure out how to override the limit switches so the dude who overtravelled just unhooked them. Yeah that eliminated the overtravel alarm but then this EMG message. Thanks, I'll try winding the leadscrew when I get to work in the morning.

Thanks again for the assistance.

First, kick that guy who unhooked the switches dead square in the a** good and hard, then hook them back up. Then manually turn it off the switch by turning the ballscrew by hand as mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    First, kick that guy who unhooked the switches dead square in the a** good and hard, then hook them back up. Then manually turn it off the switch by turning the ballscrew by hand as mentioned earlier.
    seriously.. thats pretty funny

hard over travel switches are normally closed circuits.. u remove them you get estop and hard overtravel alarm..

move the y axis and u should be ok.. dont quote me on this but i think here is a key stroke/ parameter to make the control not look for that signal.. might easier than moving the ballscrew..

Re: EMG message!!!

Hi!!!
    I have a similar problem with a Nakamura Tome TMC-12 Control Series 21-T, this machine was working well, until a technician came to check a vibration in the Z axis servo, apparently it loaded parameters and the machine did not return to work, I have a backup of the machine parameters, I reloaded them, no alarm comes out, but it is in EMG state, I can navigate the menus, but nothing else works (spindle, hydraulic system, turret , move the axes).
    Hopefully someone can help me, best regards.