585,712 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

engraving issues, novice

I have an ISO program from my retailer. It contains macros for engraving part names, numbers, ect.

I don't know how to go about tying them together to make a word. For instance, do I copy the particular macros I need into another program using only the ones I need? Would I then adjust the macro accordingly(size, orientation, ect)? How do I go about entering the proper information needed into the macro? As you can see I need help.

My retailer said he received the macros through Mazak but didn't know how to use them without reading them.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, it has to be looked at in order to understand how it's used. Odds are, you'll have a main macro call line to establish certain things like the character, size, orientation, depth, location, etc. The remaining programs are likely subs.

However, as you retailer stated, without looking at it, we can't tell what it is you need to do to make it work.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

How would you normally tie a macro together? For instance, I won't need every letter in the alphabet to spell the word alphabet. Would a separate program need to be created using only the macros to spell each individual letter along with a few others such as letter size, orientation, ect?

I take it you're a bit weak in the macro program department.... It's OK, gotta learn some way....

Just guessing what you have here...
    It might be that you have one program as a 'sample' of how to execute the macro. Any other programs would likely be the actual cutting code. Maybe that's its split up by letters and numbers as seperate files if you have more then one program.

As an example of a macro call (Example ONLY!!! Your macro may not function like this!!)

G65P8001X3.650Y-2.654Z-.01C64.E8.H.25

The above would mean:
    G65 = macro call
    P8001 = macro program number

The rest of it are passing variables. XYZ generally remain as machine position much the same as a standard program. It doesn't have to be but this is the "standard" format. Thre rest of it might mean:

C = Angle
    E = number to engrave "8"
    H = Character height of engraving.

Remember, my example is ONLY AN EXAMPLE! Macros are user/programmer definable. You have to understand what is written in your program so that it functions.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

This software is only $200. http://cncwrite.com/