585,715 active members*
4,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Looking For Citizen Variables

Anybody know of a Variable that I Can read that would tell me If an M20 is in Continous, or 1 Cycle. I'm want to be able to look at it in a prog. Also looking for a Varaible for A7 pos (on a CAV20) when barstock hit's the Flag or stop point of loading Loading cycle. I need to be able to use it to determine Bar length....I'm not doing anything normal, I'm running 10" Bars of injection molded material, and using the CAV to load the short bars, using the head stock to mainly just feed the Bar into the Sub spindle, and make parts in the sub, Using A3 like a Barfeed. Cutting off with T41. (A3 axis & Cav were modified to make this work) Being able to read these Variables would help streamline the proccess...

P.S. The Machine is about 2 years old (y axis turret), I think that would make it a type 5. but not sure...

Did you lose my email address?

(CHECK-BARFEED-POS)
    G140Z=A7
    #100=#5022

(#964=MAX A7 FORWARD POS)

What are trying to do with the cont-cycle? I have a way to tell if you are on your second or higher piece so you can do things like check "M322" only when you first start or after you stop in one cycle. Would that be what you are trying to do?
    i will find that sample and send it to you. I am not on the correct computer right now to get that.

DON'T FORGET

Remember to change the "Z" back after you read the "A7" location.
    G141(RESETS FROM G140 ABOVE)

Talking Thanks.

No I still have your email address, this was more fun, And I figured you would answer anyway.... I Want to be able to get the machine to run Continous / With Last Part On, I wrote a prog with that in mind, not realizing that it would alarm out at the G999 if in continous...The easiest thing for me to do without rewriting the entire format of the prog, is to be able to determine if the the machine is in continous and Jump over the G999.. I don't want to change anything if the machine is in 1 Cycle....I got all the bar loading stuff in the main part of the prog, and the all the machining in the LPO (all machining of the part is being done in the sub)...the prog looks at A3 pos to determine is it needs to load a bar, or jump to the LPO...(IF[#933GE9.8]GOTO99) for now the 9.8 is a safe # based on my bar lengths, I'd like to be able to determine the bar length at loading mainly to minimize the remnant size...my material is only about 10" long...and it cost's atleast $10 an inch...so every little bit will help...plus every once in a while the first part of the bar is short...that's why I want to be able to look at A7 at loading....

Removing the "G999" in each dollar sign will do that for you.
    Using G610 for the front work THEN, G630 for the back work will also get it done without using the last-part-off feature.