584,866 active members*
5,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport VMC 800 lubrication problem

Hello to everybody. I own a Bridgeport VMC 800 digital since 1999. This model has the classic box ways in all axis. I have a problem with the central lubrication system since the machine was new, which was never solved because of the local dealership inefficiency which now doesn't exist.
    When the lubrication pump starts working the machine table shifts for almost 0.1mm. This causes me problems especially when I am copy milling with a ball end mill (i am a moldmaker). When the pump starts the table shifts gauging the surface that i am machining for as long as the pump operates. As a result the polishing of the machined surface takes much longer.
    Please advise. Thank you in advance.
    Dimitris

Never seen/heard of such a problem. Possibly a loose gib or keeper plate (excess play-worn out) on which ever axis is giving you the problem?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

thanks george. the think is that i had this problem since the machine was new.
    i will have a look on about what you've told me.

dimitris

Similar to the concept of a bag with a little air pressure lifting a truck, if you have enough square inches. The way oil pump can put out enough pressure to lift a table or saddle. Usually these are made too tight, not too loose.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)