585,712 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question tl-2 home settings

can anyone explain how to change the home position on a tl-2 series lathe, it has a 4 position tool turret I would like to use the tail stock but the tool change location will slam into it if I try to move it in the z- direction at all.
    Thanks
    RMILES

Why not changing tools elsewhere of the origin?

Move with Rapid to convenient position

I do not have turret and must change tools by hand. I move the toolpost away by x125 and z125 whenever cycle asks for tool change. That ensures I do not bump the tools against the work.

I simply got that by going to IPS and selecting OD Turn, and then select Rapid and there you define where you would like to move your toolpost from G54. Hit MDI (on 5% rapid) and check where you are going. Then adjust your position until you are happy. Simply append that rapid move into your machining program as easy as follows:

Hit F4 to add to program, select "write to program" select the program, position cursor where you would like to paste the rapid routine, hit write/enter twice and there you are it is inserted.

Then check the program with run (rapid at 5% and hand on Feed Hold to stop if you see any problems!)

Hope that helps.

This my 3rd day with my Haas and I have never operated a CNC before and find this really interesting.

But I notice a member here named Geoff and I am sure if he has the time he could really help you. Seems to me he knows the TL1 backwards.