585,888 active members*
3,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > New!2200W 3000~10000RPM BLDC Motor Controller
Page 8 of 13 678910
    John at Keling sent me a message saying we should know something by next week on that.

Motor Controller Availability

Zhang,

When will the 2200W 6000 RPM motor controller be available?

How many poles does the existing 2200W 6000 RPM motor have?

Updates

Anyone heard of any updates on these?
    Check out what I am working on at www.routerbitz.com!

I have recently had a response from Keling and Zhang.

Here is what I got from Zhang,

"Hi Chris,
    We are designing new controller now but we need more time to test. Currently, we are in re-designing process. The previous program modification is still not stable enough, therefore, my boss decided to make up his mind to start over.

Let's improve the product first....... "

Keling,

Well, lets just say that Keling is having doubts at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post

"Hi Chris,
    We are designing new controller now but we need more time to test. Currently, we are in re-designing process. The previous program modification is still not stable enough, therefore, my boss decided to make up his mind to start over.

This issue has been drifting along for several months and is taking on the look of a scam by Zhang and Sangmutan.

There is no justification for marketing a product with such obvious performance deficiencies as this motor controller.

PID control has been around for the last 50 years and more so these people must be supremely incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf69 View Post
    This issue has been drifting along for several months and is taking on the look of a scam by Zhang and Sangmutan.

There is no justification for marketing a product with such obvious performance deficiencies as this motor controller.

PID control has been around for the last 50 years and more so these people must be supremely incompetent.
    Well if they are so simple and have been around for 50 years, why don't you just buy one from the many other suppliers who are marketing systems like this? Oh, wait....

Status? Only problem at low speeds?

I ordered one of these kits from Keling (1100Watt unit). When I received it I started looking for documentation and found this forum.... Now I am concerned that my purchase was a bad idea...

I emailed John, who is always awesome! His response to my inquiry was:

> The problem is under speed low than 400 rpm
    > This is why we say is only for speed above 400 rpm
    > The manufacture has no idea now
    > You can try to get it working, test first
    > some customer is using very good, has no problem
    > any question, pls let me know

Has this been your experience, that above 400rpm the unit is fine?

Thanks!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by carllance View Post
    I ordered one of these kits from Keling (1100Watt unit). When I received it I started looking for documentation and found this forum.... Now I am concerned that my purchase was a bad idea...

I emailed John, who is always awesome! His response to my inquiry was:

> The problem is under speed low than 400 rpm
    > This is why we say is only for speed above 400 rpm
    > The manufacture has no idea now
    > You can try to get it working, test first
    > some customer is using very good, has no problem
    > any question, pls let me know

Has this been your experience, that above 400rpm the unit is fine?
    I disagree, this controller lacks PID control at any speed. This is what I posted last November. I am not aware of any change. Zhang did not answer my email request for an update.

I bought one of these ‘2200W’ Sangmutan motors together with the controller and display.
    As with other servo motors I would expect it to spin up to the set rpm and stay more or less at that speed. It will but only under constant load.
    Unfortunately this Sangmutan controller lacks an effective PID function. Also there is no way to control whatever limited PID function it may have which all means that when the load changes, as it does when you start or finish a cut or change feed rate, the motor changes speed dramatically and takes several seconds to recover.
    See 1.2 Servos at:-

http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/EMC2_Integrator_Manual.pdf

So if you want to use this system to replace an induction motor for a fan or a pump it will work well. If you expect to replace the induction motor on a lathe, drill or mill spindle and get speed consistency similar to the induction motor you will be disappointed.

I was

thinking about to get one, but looks like it´s one of those never ending story.
    I´m wondering what other manufactures avaiable on the same system?
    I´m using a minimill motor for a long time (10years), yes, it did not give up yet, but I need more power 2kw and no brushess and 6krpm or 10k rpm.
    Recomendations?

I'm surprised you don't return them while you can. It may turn out to be the best motor and controller around but I can't put my life on hold that long. I moved on. It just sounded way too risky to me and that is not an inexpensive setup.

I sincerely hope it works out for all involved. If it ever does, I could use one on another machine I'm thinking about, but not until it's proven.

Richard

"Hi Chris,

Keling,

Well, lets just say that Keling is having doubts at this point.

Ive been using the 1100 motor on my mill for a few months now. The main problem with it is lack of torque at speeds below 1500rpm and and it does a poor job at maintaining constant speed at different loads, takes way to long to recover. It however gets the job done at high RPMs (I usually run it at 4000-6000 rpms) but keeping constant speed is still an issue.

I recently received one of the upgraded controllers from them to test and it is very promising. Torque at low speeds has vastly improved and its allot quicker to gain speed but there are still some issues they are working on. I haven't given up on them yet, but the clock is ticking.

Regards
    EK

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    I'm surprised you don't return them while you can. It may turn out to be the best motor and controller around but I can't put my life on hold that long. I moved on. It just sounded way too risky to me and that is not an inexpensive setup.

I sincerely hope it works out for all involved. If it ever does, I could use one on another machine I'm thinking about, but not until it's proven.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by ellik View Post
    Ive been using the 1100 motor on my mill for a few months now. The main problem with it is lack of torque at speeds below 1500rpm and and it does a poor job at maintaining constant speed at different loads, takes way to long to recover. It however gets the job done at high RPMs (I usually run it at 4000-6000 rpms) but keeping constant speed is still an issue.

I recently received one of the upgraded controllers from them to test and it is very promising. Torque at low speeds has vastly improved and its allot quicker to gain speed but there are still some issues they are working on. I haven't given up on them yet, but the clock is ticking.

Regards
    EK

Everyone ,
    this is the new controller ,i have attached some photos,we have change the IGBT,and do some adjust ,to make the control more strong.

zhang

[email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Hi Zhang, does this mean they're actually ready or are you still testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexo! View Post
    Hi Zhang, does this mean they're actually ready or are you still testing?

We are ready to produce the new control(1100W ),Now we are preparation

2200W still need sometime ,now we drawing the circuit diagram (2200)

zhang

When can we expect to see the replacement controllers sent to Keling?

There are some that have already recieved a later version of the controller than I have that has better torque. I have yet to see one and this is concerning.

This problem is getting very irritating since I am now holding off on projects that need to be cut in steel.

When can we expect to see the replacement controllers sent to Keling?

There are some that have already recieved a later version of the controller than I have that has better torque. I have yet to see one and this is concerning.

This problem is getting very irritating since I am now holding off on projects that need to be cut in steel.
    We are still waiting the good news

Quote Originally Posted by Kelinginc View Post
    We are still waiting the good news
    This issue of the total inability of the 'controller' to maintain some semblance of speed control under varying load is more than 8 months old.

Obviously Sangmutan/Zhang were well aware that this motor/controller would not perform as advertised and as such the sale of this combination was fraudulent.

I said ages ago that it was obvious this would never be fixed, as why would they design a completely new motor and controller if there was a fix for the existing motor and controller?

There was never any intention to fix this problem IMO, as it always was, and still is, purely about stall tactics and the hope that people will just give up and go away.

I have received my 1100W motor and controller from Zhang. Did a dirty torque test at 400rpm putting pressure on the spindle as someone had a video on youtube but could not get it to slow down. Got the controller fitted to a box.

I have made an adaptor plate to fit the motor piggy back on the Seig belt conversion plate.

Now I just need to enlarge the bore of the drive pulley to 14mm and get rid of the small pulley as it is about 14mm and will be ready to do some testing.

You have a totally different board that I do with my 1100watt model. Glad to hear that you couldn't stop the spindle though. Have you been able to mill with it yet?

Can you post some closer pics of the board?

Page 8 of 13 678910